Senior Sales Consultant
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 24851
Position Title: Principal Solutions Consultant
The Senior Solutions Consultant primarily provides pre-sales technical support for the development and implementation of complex products/applications/solutions. Uses in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff and the customer through sales presentations and product demonstrations. Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and may prepare detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer products/applications/solutions. May create detailed design and implementation specifications for complex products/applications/solutions. May build a mini-application based on customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping and/or product demo for client. May provide consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation.
Essential Duties & Responsibiltites:
- Collaborates with Account manager to qualify, to discover opportunity, to influence and develop Sales account strategy including competitive threats, technical threats and alternatives.
- Engages with customers and prospects to demonstrate our products, effectively communicate the key differentiators, and to confirm Informatica technical viability for the opportunity
- Collaborates with Account Manager to complete Technical aspects of RFIs and RFPs, identifies competitive landscape, expected competitive effort, and known competitive preferences.
- As the owner of the technical agenda, validates solution for opportunity, owns and manages the development, delivery and/or orchestration of technical validation activities required to achieve technical validation, technical selection and technical closure from the customer (technical presentations, POCs, demos).
- Collaborates with implementation team to ensure proper handoff from Sales to Implementation Provider (Partner/IPS)
- Timely documentation within CRM / Marketing software, as applicable, of customer contact and activity data is required of this role (e.g. names, titles, contact information, opportunity value, product information, sales stages, probability, business pain, firm-future commitments, etc.)
- Attends and completes on demand and online, as needed, enablement for Sales and/or Presales
- At this level, the incumbent may contribute feedback, materials, information that improves the quality of the SC community, contribute to Regional Sales and/or Presales specific programs, and mentor lesser scoped/experienced SC staff.
- Explains and sells the technical aspects of the solution to customers up to and including large global institutions, including Informatica’s most complex accounts.
Knowledge & Skills
- Seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization who resolves wide ranges of issues in creative ways.
- Demonstrated experience using industry knowledge and understanding of a customer’s decision-making process, goals, strategies, and business objectives.
- Effective presentation, customer service, financial/business acumen, and negotiation skills at all levels of customer engagement.
- Thorough understanding of the business and technical contexts of key accounts.
- Enthusiastic self-starter and leads and compels others to get on board.
- Builds consultative effectiveness and establishes trust with internal and external customers.
- Technical knowledge of hybrid deployment of software solutions, Data Warehousing, Database, Big Data, and/or Business Intelligence software concepts and products.
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant professional experience.
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Sales Consultant
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US