Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 24991
Position Title: PreSales Support Engineer 3
Informatica SC Operations Team is a team of solution-oriented trusted advisors supporting Informatica’s Sales Consulting Field Team in Asia Pacific and Japan. The team constantly works to provide thought leading solutions across the complete product portfolio of Informatica. We take our deep technical product expertise, combine it with the product solution knowledge across our team, to build solutions for business challenges that allow customers to grow and get the most out of Informatica solutions by working with us and the respective Sales Consulting Teams of Informatica.
Our Ideal Candidate:
You have developed an understanding of Master Data Management (MDM) solutions and how they are deployed in complex scenarios or multiple industry verticals. You are technically proficient at designing and configuring solutions in this area and have the patience and passion to guide the Sales Consulting field teams. Whether it’s help with a product evaluation, product demonstration, product enablement or addressing complex technical pain points, you’re willing to listen, ask the right questions and take the time to provide deep explanations and find solutions where needed. You find a collaborative work environment rewarding yet are equally adept at and content working independently.
As an influential and effective teacher, you are eager to share your knowledge and best practices with the Sales Consulting Teams in the APJ Region. You will also drive to develop and sustain an open line of communication with your supervisor and teammates. If your team members or customers are in remote locations, you are comfortable with travel in order to engage face-to-face.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work hands on with Informatica Master Data Management (MDM) family of products to build, install and configure solutions suited to different industry verticals and solution themes
- Work with the team to build, configure and maintain Proof of Concept environments that are rapidly deployable by the Sales Consulting Teams across Asia Pacific and Japan
- Create and maintain automated capabilities to accelerate the creation/support of environments in various platforms in support of field /presales customer opportunities.
- Responds to requests for solution demonstrations, workshops and custom environments builds by copying existing templates and customizing to the need.
- Document and provides guidance to sales staff in using environments.
- Troubleshoots network and security connectivity issues between technologies in support of the presales environments.
- Install and configure Informatica products, ensure VM/template compliance with security and fair usage policies, perform product/solutions upgrades.
- Contribute to enablement materials and Presales knowledge base. Provide the community with technical tips and tricks.
- Through constant learning and upgrade of skills, warn the community about known product issues and limitations providing work arounds where possible
- Remote Customer support during the POC Sales cycle: first level technical support & troubleshooting
- At least 6 years of total IT experience with preferably at least 3 years of Consulting experience.
- At least 4 years of working experience in design and development on one product from the Informatica Master Data Management Product Family
- Desirable: knowledge of one or more of the following Informatica Product Families: Data Integration, Data Quality, Big Data, Governance, B2B, Informatica Cloud
- Excellent written communication skills, experience of responding to Requests for Proposals
- Ability to communicate a technical message with business relevance to a non-technical audience as well as a technical audience
- Basic presentation abilities and composure in front of all levels of technical and business customers or prospects.
- Ability to work as part of a virtual team in delivering a proposal.
- Strong technical and business awareness
- Industry sector knowledge preferred
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Tech Specialist
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Greater than 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN