Software Engineer QA
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 26112
Position Title: QA Engineer
The Enterprise Data Catalog team is part of Informatica’s Core Metadata Group. Enterprise Data Catalog is Informatica's machine-learning-based data catalog that lets you classify and organize data assets across cloud, on-premises, and big data. It provides maximum value and reuse of data across the enterprise.
We are looking for a Software Engineer with a proven record of functional and automation skills to join the CMG group in our Bangalore location. In this role, you will test and critique software components and interfaces in great technical depth, write test automation frameworks, programs to assure high product quality, and develop advanced test tools using Java to increase productivity and efficiency. You will play a key role in on-time product delivery with high quality and drive customer success through R&D level support and related engagements. You will work in a fast-paced environment delivering product and feature increments in short iterations. Your technical skills will be very critical to deliver product functionalities across releases.
Our Ideal Candidate
This position is suited for highly energetic self-driven individual who aspires to achieve challenging goals as part of his career objective. As an ideal candidate, you shall be responsible for conducting functional and concurrency tests with efficient usage of automation tools and API testing, and also provide feedback and advice to product development. You shall be able to efficiently prioritize and organize your tasks. You take ownership of component(s) and ensure that all aspects of quality are met. You have passion towards quality and are a constant innovator and process improvement to SQA procedures.
As an integral part of the CMG, R&D team you will be responsible for the following –
- Participate actively in functional, system, stress, longevity and regression testing activities
- Design and develop test cases based upon functional and design specifications
- Implement and maintain the test cases through appropriate tools.
- Analyze and report test results to product teams
- Maintain and enhance the existing test frameworks and internal QA tools.
- Collaborate with geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
- Participate in internal/cross team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation reviews
- Work closely with the development team to analyze, debug and resolve the bugs
- BE/BTech or M.Tech in computer science or related field
- 1 to 3 years of enterprise software test experience , with understanding of Agile Methodology
- Programming skills in Core Java and REST API Automation
- Experience with Selenium, GUI object recognition and customization is preferred but not mandatory
- Good problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Familiar with relational databases like MSSQL and Oracle. Exposure to BI Tools and Applications (Cognos, Tableau, Microstrategy, QlikView, Workday etc ) will be added advantage
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision-making skills
- Fast learner; able to pick up new ideas and approaches quickly; enjoys brainstorming on design and loves problem solving with a strong focus on teamwork
- Ability to communicate and express thoughts and ideas in a group
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills within an organization
- Ability to react quickly to changing requirements due to product limitations or driven by enterprise needs
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer QA
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN