Technical Support Engineer
Location: Tokyo, JP
Job Number: 26124
Position Title: Technical Support Engineer
We are looking for a Cloud technical support engineer, with a proven record of accomplishment in technical field to join our Global Customer Support Organization. As a Cloud Technical Support engineer, you will provide technical support for all Informatica products. You will be responsible for ensuring our customers' success and satisfaction with our products and contributing to their long-term loyalty. You will work closely with the rest of the Informatica support team, QA, Engineering, Solutions Delivery, Sales, and Product Management to ensure that Informatica is delivering overall superior service and support to our customers.
Our Ideal Candidate
You possess superb communication and customer-relationship skills - responsiveness, sensitivity, diplomacy - and are comfortable working both independently and collaboratively. Your advanced problem-solving skills and technical aptitude allows you to adapt to new circumstances and learn quickly when facing new problems and challenges.
- Collaborate with global support engineers internally to address queries/issues from Japanese customers.
- Manage customer support cases on a daily basis, including verifying cases, isolating and diagnosing the problem, and resolving issues
- Ensure all issues are resolved or escalated to the proper resources to resolve in a timely fashion. Additionally, this individual will manage communications to customers at all levels to maintain positive relationships.
- Reproduce product behaviors to determine the problem root-cause(s), issue work-around and solutions
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance and Engineering teams to provide assistance in identifying, reporting and resolving product defects
- Understands impact of work on the feature/product/team -
Guides own work to timely and complete conclusions
- Provide regular reports for management that measure the effectiveness of the technical support function
- 3+ years of experience in software support
- Can communicate in English spoken and written fluently
- Experience in both of Windows and Linux
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Experience in second and/or third line support
- Knowledge and experience with "Cloud" applications including Salesforce, Amazon Web Services, Workday, Concur, Marketo or others
- Experience with Web Services/WSDL, SOAP, XML, XML Schemas, Java, and J2ee Servers is an added advantage
- Experience with relational databases like Oracle, Sqlserver, DB2 and MySQL
- Experience in Informatica suite of products like PowerCenter, PowerExchange, Data Quality, Cloud, etc.
- Excellent Analytical skills and strong attention to details
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Support Engineer
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tokyo, JP