Privacy Analyst / Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas US
Job Number: 27158
Position Title: Sr Information Security Analyst
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Information Security Governance and Compliance, the Privacy Analyst will play a critical role in operationalizing Informatica’s Privacy Program. The Privacy Program at Informatica is primarily aligned to our organization objectives of building Customer Trust, promoting Privacy by Design culture and maintaining Regulatory Compliance.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Act as a subject matter expert for the EU GDPR, CCPA and other data privacy compliance regulations
- Ensure privacy by design principles are followed within Informatica’s culture and business processes through product security guidance, privacy impact assessments, training, sales enablement, policy reviews and automation
- Assist with privacy-related incident response, risk analysis and security assessment processes
- Assist with cross-functional teams to determine Privacy related impacts resulting from changes to product landscape, new business processes and information systems
- Drive privacy related internal and vendor facing assessment(s)
- Monitor and analyze regulatory, industry, legal, and contractual Information Security compliance requirements
- Assess, document and support the implementation of IT internal controls as part of on-going compliance efforts (e.g., GDPR, SOX, AICPA SOC 2, HIPAA/HITECH, IS027000, etc.)
- Ensure effective and efficient control design, implementation and testing procedures
- Support the implementation of process and control improvement/ automation/ consolidation opportunities and drive consistently increasing maturity of overall control environment
- Privacy principles, Privacy-by-Design, terminology, trends, and activities utilized by large complex organizations (5+ year experience)
- Project management practices (3+ year experience)
- Privacy strategy and communications to impact user behavior supporting privacy best practices
- Seasoned experience with the full information lifecycle and privacy protective controls
- Knowledge of three or more of the following privacy laws or standards, such as: Fair Information Practice Principles (FIPPs), HIPAA/HITECH, PCI, FCRA, GLBA, FACTA, ISO, GAAP, SOC II, FERPA, COPPA, CCPA, NIST privacy and security standards and guidance, California data breach or other privacy related laws, or other relevant privacy frameworks
- Information privacy or privacy enhancing technologies;
- Strong understanding of information systems development, implementation, and maintenance
- Strong understanding of privacy policies, procedures and standards
- Experience conducting activities supporting PII inventory, information classification, and privacy threat modelling
- Experience in implementing PIA projects, to include facilitating interview sessions, identifying risks, and creating results reports
- Preferred, but not required, privacy certifications, such as: CIPP, CIPM.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Privacy Analyst / Engineer
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US