Global Category Manager
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 27248
Position Title: Procurement Manager
The Global Procurement (GP) team supports approximately 30 countries, where we spend annually, on average, about $200 Million USD. Our team enables Informatica to effectively support both our internal and external customers.
As a Global Category Manager of Labor Program, you will provide leadership and expertise in a procurement functional specialty. You will be responsible for increasing business partners’ understanding and appreciation of GPs services and resources. Working with your business partners, a Procurement Manager is also responsible for identifying new opportunities to maximize benefits from external sources, create operational value, and minimize risk across the supply chain. You will build productive, results-oriented relationships with internal business partners and external stakeholders including senior management at contractors, suppliers, and industry organizations.
As a Global Category Manager, you will develop and oversee the execution of your functional specialty’s overall strategic goals of the Global Labor Program. S/he ensures the achievement of his/her functional specialty’s KPIs. S/he leads the development of new processes and optimization of existing processes. S/he also directs the resolution of particularly complex projects or issues and facilitates collaborative problem solving with specialty.
Our Ideal Candidate
You will have a category background in building and operationalizing contingent labor programs globally. Must have some working knowledge of managing an MSP and tool (VMS).
The Global Category Manager of Labor Program will provide leadership in creating, maintaining, and managing the interaction between Informatica business lines, existing and proposed suppliers primarily focused on the sourcing contingent labor both regionally/globally. The Global Category Manager facilitates at a strategic level the ongoing working relationships between Global Procurement and respective teams. Currently the Global Labor Program is going through a transformational change and you will drive and decision that transformation.
The Global Category Manager establishes and maintains complex-working relationships that leverage Informatica’s position in obtaining optimum pricing and terms that maximize return on investment (ROI) and minimize total cost of ownership (TCO) to Informatica. He or she will create and maintain benchmarks, best practices, policies, and procedures used to manage the procurement cycle for the categories supported. The GCM will regularly interact with executives both within Informatica and in negotiations with suppliers.
- Undergraduate degree in Supply Chain Management, or closely related business field. Advanced degree a plus
- 8+ years professional experience
- Multi-national work experience (in-country or in a support capacity) a plus
- Demonstrated expertise in a particular supply chain functional specialty or category (labor)
- Proven track record and continually displays growth within managed category YoY
- Demonstrated ability to network, influence, and build relationships at senior management level
- Strong analytic skills and ability to conceptualize and develop strategies and build models for business-related concepts
- Demonstrated expertise in the areas of financial analysis and strategic planning
- Demonstrated leadership capability and ability to perform under pressure
- Expert verbal, written, and presentation skills; ability to prepare and deliver compelling business presentations
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate others
You should exhibit the following function expertise
- Operational Effectiveness- You have the ability to develop a labor program over time by leading operational improvements and changes.
- Sourcing- You display the ability to understand Indirect spend categories, broader procurement professional concepts, possess the skill to exercise sound judgement in engaging in value driven decision making. You can work within multi-national atmosphere and understand the impact that sourcing decisions have on both the top and bottom line of the organization. You can gain buy-in/trust from business partners, and strives to make ethically conscious business decisions
- Supplier Relationship Management- You can strategically manage the interactions with the third-party organizations that supply the goods/services consumed internally, focused on maximizing value through collaborative relationships with key suppliers, that should enable net new value and a diminished risk profile
- Contracting- In addition to Sourcing skills, your contracting skills include the ability to construct a framework for the agreement which clearly defines the scope of work, distinguishes the responsibility of the company and third party, mitigates risk, and provides for compensation based on performance. Ability not only to use standard contract templates, but also to effectively construct bespoke structures where necessary to meet specific requirements. You can understand what the contract is intended to achieve for the business unit, determine correct contract strategy, form, as well as meet the requirements of the risk governance counsel.)
- Negotiation- You can achieve quality and cost-effective results for the organization. Must have vision and focus on clearly understanding the objective of the negotiation. Ability to creatively position strategy with focus on analytic and data driven methodology. Ability to effectively communicate, apply quick-wit, sound judgement, and possesses excellent problem-solving skills with any given scenario.
- Transactional Execution- You have an understanding and adeptness of the tactical process and tasks needed to full execute Procure-to-Pay duties (and within the organization’s ERP). This includes RF(x) management, contract creation, requisitioning, ordering, receipting, invoice processing. Demonstrates the use and key usage of technology (Oracle Cloud, IQN,). The ability to oversee and apply the proper P2P process from end-to-end effectively, and the ability to tailor for one-off specifications when needed.
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Global Category Manager
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US