Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 25912
Position Title: Senior Consultant
Adoption Services teams protects the future of Informatica by ensuring our customers are successful in their data-driven digital transformation. The Adoption Services consultant play a critical role to help customers accelerate their use of Informatica technology and best practices. We’re the frontline evangelists, the direct line to our customers. Backed by the strength of the Informatica brand we act as trusted advisors to solve our customers’ data problems.
Our Ideal Candidate
You’re technically proficient and have the patience and passion to guide customers and stakeholders through all the capabilities of our products and solutions. Whether it’s a best practice session for a new customer, addressing technical pain points, or enabling a team on our technology, you’re willing to take the time to provide deep explanations and find solutions where needed. You find a collaborative work environment rewarding yet are equally adept at and content working independently. As an influential and effective teacher, you are eager to share your knowledge and best practices and to develop and sustain an open line of communication with your supervisor and teammates. In addition to the attributes mentioned, you will also be able to:
- Rapidly understand and translate clients’ business challenges and concerns into a solution oriented discussion.
- Communicate a compelling and inspired vision to all customer levels, from CTOs/CIOs, to engineering managers and programmers.
- Have the resourcefulness, creativity and strategic thinking to solve the most complex data challenges.
As a technical expert, you’ll work with the Account team and Customer Success Managers to address the technical needs of new customers, driving adoption of our technology and ultimately secure license renewals. In this role, you’ll serve as a counselor and adviser to customers and a technical coach to co-workers, providing guidance and thought leadership in their first interaction with Informatica Cloud. You will also be looking for up-sell license opportunities, and for opportunities to engage the IPS consulting practice on a project delivery. The Adoption Services team is instrumental not only in our customers’ success but the success of Informatica.
Consultants in Adoption Services are responsible for all technical aspects of ensuring a customer adopts our technology to meet their business challenges. This individual will have both business acumen as well as technical savviness to understand a customer’s business drivers and recommend a solution through using Informatica’s technologies.
Below are the high-level activities of a Consultant in Adoption Services:
- Workshop and Architecture Sessions to get customers started on their Informatica Cloud journey
- Ensure Adoption and Success renewal of Informatica Subscription
- Architecture and Adoption Roadmaps, Success Plans
- Customer Workshops
- Sales extension to the platform – Application templates, connector usage
- Community Documents Creation, Discussion and Q/A, Video and Demonstrations
- Feedback to Informatica R&D teams based on customer use-cases, functional requirements and product enhancement requests
- Degree in computer science or computer engineering (or equivalent)
- Customer facing experience
- Strong Knowledge of ETL concepts with Relational Databases (Oracle, MS SQL or MySQL)
- Experience with Web Services based APIs, Soap, REST, etc.
- Experience with MDM (Preferred Not Required)
- Experience with Big Data – Cloudera or Hortonworks (Preferred Not Required)
- Knowledge and experience with “Cloud” applications including Salesforce.com, NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics CRM Live, or others
- Ability to develop sample integrations for PoC purposes as required by the client
- Programming experience in Java, C, C++, Python or .NET
- Understanding of messaging-middleware technologies, including IBM MQ, TIBCO, WebMethods etc. is preferred
- Experience with Salesforce.com and Apex coding is a plus
- Powercenter OR Informatica Cloud experience is preferred as tool used in your ETL experience.
- Strong background in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Familiarity with Cloud Hosted environments such as AWS and MSFT Azure
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Consultant
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN