Location: Sydney, New South Wales AU
Job Number: 26005
Position Title: Consultant PS
We’re the frontline evangelists, the direct line to our customers. We make our customers successful on Informatica products. Our success is due to the knowledge that we can confidently stand behind every product we offer as well as the unlimited potential for personal and professional growth that a position in consulting helps us.
As a Senior Consultant with Informatica Professional Services (IPS), you will provide product expertise and data management knowledge to deliver the most architecturally efficient and cost effective solution for our customer’s data management projects. Informatica’s Enterprise Cloud Data Management product suite comprises of robust, scalable, enterprise-level tools used by Fortune 500 organizations for data management projects like master data management (MDM), data quality (DQ), data Integration and data governance. The consultant will work closely with the customer, other Informatica consultants and partner resources, Sales, Global Customer Support and Product Management to ensure our customer’s success and satisfaction with our products and services and contribute to their long-term loyalty. This position requires a highly skilled consultant with Data Architecture, RDBMS and Java experience. The successful candidate will support client implementations with in-depth MDM expertise. Working either independently, with or within a team, you will have the opportunity to work at the front end in a rapidly growing business.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are responsible for providing industry leading master data management consulting services to Informatica clients utilizing Informatica technology. You are also responsible for supporting the services sales cycle as requested and for mentoring other Informatica consultants in the effective use and deployment of the Informatica platform. You possess superb communication and customer-relationship skills – responsiveness, sensitivity, diplomacy – and are comfortable working both independently and collaboratively with a team of Informatica and/or Business Partner consultants, senior consultants. You take a primary point of contact role with clients. Your problem-solving skills and technical aptitudes allow you to adapt to new circumstances and learn quickly when facing new problems and challenges. In addition to the attributes mentioned, you’ll also be able to:
- Adapt to a customer’s work culture and establish an excellent working relationship with them
- Travel, both within Australia and New Zealand
- Demonstrate a strong desire to grow both technically and as a trusted advisor to the customer
- Document and review requirements, technical specifications, and customer expectations
- Participate in building architecture and design of data management solutions based on customer needs and Informatica products
- Develop, test and deploy data integration solutions in accordance with customer’s schedule
- Provide training and enablement for the customer
- Execute test plan and document results; debug solution as required
- Apply Informatica’s Velocity Methodology and Best Practices at customer sites with ability to coach and mentor customers in the adoption of Velocity
- Author and publish knowledgebase articles and serve as a go-to resource within the practice for technical information.
- Provide regular reports to communicate project status both internally and externally
- Degree in computer science or computer engineering (or equivalent)
- 5 to 10 years of experience in MDM, Data Quality and Data Integration projects
- Customer facing experience
- Strong Knowledge of Data Integration concepts with Relational Databases (Oracle, MS SQL or MySQL)
- Experience with Web Services based APIs, Soap, REST, etc.
- Experience with Big Data – Cloudera or Hortonworks (Preferred Not Required)
- Knowledge and experience with “Cloud” applications including Salesforce.com, NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics CRM Live, or others
- Ability to develop sample integrations for PoC purposes as required by the client
- Programming experience in Java, C, C++, Python or .NET
- Understanding of messaging-middleware technologies, including IBM MQ, TIBCO, WebMethods etc. is preferred
- Experience with Salesforce.com and Apex coding is a plus
- PowerCenter OR Informatica Cloud experience is preferred as tool used in your Data Integration experience.
- Strong background in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Familiarity with Cloud Hosted environments such as AWS and MSFT Azure
- Hands-on experience and intermediate scripting skills in Operating Systems (Windows, Unix and Linux)
Other skills for this role include
- Must be able to solve problem outside your areas of expertise
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of accomplishment with handling customers and managing complex data management needs
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Willingness to learn/explore new technologies as and when required.
- Ability to automate administration tasks, perform capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning and administer security
- Experience with optimization of high volume databases (>300GB) and large, distributed J2EE applications
- Experience with Solaris/HP/Windows/AIX Server administration (recovery skills important)
- Understanding of MDM concepts
- Familiarity with Business Process Manager (BPM) tools like TIBCO, Fujitsu Interstate, ActiveVOS etc.
- Salary range 110-130,000 AUD
Alternative Location(s) : Melbourne
Community / Marketing Title: Consultant
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU