Location: City, US
Job Number: 26343
Position Title: Consultant PS
The Informatica Professional Services Consultant develops and delivers detailed technology solutions through consulting project activities, typically onsite at the customer's location. Responsibilities include client identification through final invoicing for engagements requiring varied interpersonal and technical skills. Technical responsibilities include problem identification, system architecture definition, hardware/software specification and/or design, implementation, testing, client training, and solution deployment. Performance is typically evaluated based on utilization, (i.e., billable hours). Project management activities include interaction with company and client managers and cost/schedule monitoring. May have some financial responsibilities including project cost estimating, proposal generation, and invoicing. May participate in sales and proposal presentations in addition to completing ongoing team account activities. Identifies additional product/services opportunities in customer organization. Performance is typically measured by the capture of the consulting engagement and/or delivery of agreed solutions within budgeted hours.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Drives simple deployments of Informatica technology and solutions
- Works closely with the broader Informatica teams, customers, and channels to deliver the right solution and helps drive innovation of product capabilities.
- Drives customer success and maximizes the value of Informatica technology by leveraging shared best practices
- Delivers projects using the Informatica Velocity methodology
- Develops additional assets for re-use by the broader ecosystem as part of the Velocity methodology
- Travel to customer sites typically exceeds 50%, but may exceed 75% for extended periods, as applicable to the customer engagement.
Knowledge & Skills
- Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Influences within team and builds relationships outside of immediate area to accomplish objectives
- Demonstrated experience delivering solutions for data management projects
- Hands on experience with at least one Informatica product line
- Proven experience with mainstream relational database management systems.
- Proven experience working with mainstream operating systems.
- Proficient in the use of SQL.
- Understanding of BigData environments and infrastructure
- Must be US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Understanding of Hybrid Cloud environments and infrastructure
- Demonstrates effective communication to technical and business audiences, interpersonally or in presentations.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Hands on experience with one or more Informatica products.
- Must be a US Citizen, Green Card or Permanent Resident (Sorry no H-1 VISA or OPT Student type sponsorships available)
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Consultant
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Greater than 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: City, US