Principal DevOps Engineer
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 26805
Position Title: Principal DevOps Engineer
We’re currently looking for a Principal Devops Engineer with experience in cloud platforms and products to join our team in Redwood City, CA.
As our Principal Devops Engineer, you will work with world class engineers to deliver the next generation cloud platform and products, using the latest cutting-edge cloud technology, such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP, Kubernetes and Istio to provide transformational and reliable cloud services to our customers. In the role of Staff Devops Engineer, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Staff Devops Engineer you must have strong architecture, technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
Technology You’ll Use:
- Kubernetes, Dockers
- Networking, Envoy, Istio
- Jenkins, Jenkins Pipelines, Spinnaker
- AWS, Azure, GCP
- Cloud security
- Maven, Gradle, Ant
- GIT, Perforce
- Artifactory, Nexus, Quey.
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Participate in designing and implement Kubernetes topology including migration path from legacy systems.
- Use cutting edge tools to build a secured, resilient infrastructure in a multi-cloud environment.
- Participate in development of the end to end CI / CD process and follow through with other team members to ensure high quality and predictable delivery.
- Participate in development of advanced CI / CD processes such as Canary testing.
- Work with the QA team to integrate more complex testing into a containerized pipeline to ensure minimal regressions and comprehensive customer-centric testing.
- Participate in internal/cross team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation.
- Assisting development and product operations engineers with troubleshooting infrastructure issues.
- MS or BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline
- 10+ years of experience in public cloud services like AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience with Containers, Microservices, deployment and service orchestration using Kubernetes, EKS, AKS or GKE.
- Experience and deep understanding of Kubernetes/Istio
- 5+ years of experience in Continuous Integration and Delivery.
- 5+ years of experience and deep understanding in cloud Networking and Security
- Strong Scripting language knowledge, such as Python, Shell, or Perl.
- Extensive system knowledge on Linux from the kernel up.
- Automation friendly. If it can be codified, it can be automated
- Experience in Agile development methodologies and release management techniques.
- Ability to continuously learn and make decisions with minimal supervision. You understand that making mistakes means that you are learning.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting.
What We’d Like to See
- 1+ years of software development, operations experience deploying and maintaining multi-tiered infrastructure and applications at scale.
- Experience working in highly distributed team.
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal DevOps Engineer
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US