Senior IT Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas US
Job Number: 26927
Position Title: Senior Systems Engineer
The Infrastructure team is part of Informatica’s IT Infrastructure and Hosting organization and is responsible for the engineering and maintenance of global storage, backup, network, and server infrastructure, as well as physical and virtual datacenters. Our team is not only focused on maintaining highly reliable and performance-driven systems but takes pride in its deployment of leading-edge datacenter technologies. It is a forward-looking group consisting of highly talented team members who work together closely to develop solutions which maximize the efficiency of its customers and the competitive advantage of the company.
Informatica is looking for a bright, organized, and dedicated Senior Systems Engineer with demonstrable expert knowledge and experience in the area of Linux and Unix administration, to be based in the company’s Austin, TX location. The IT Infrastructure and Hosting organization maintains many systems that enable access to critical business resources and enforces policies to operate and secure them. Support and administration of our global enterprise portfolio of virtualized and rackable systems with current Linux/Unix OS versions in RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), SUSe, CentOS is fundamental to this role. This includes the entire lifecycle of the systems including architecture, planning, provisioning, supporting, troubleshooting, capacity planning, patching, and decommission phases. In addition, senior-level experience is required to assist with integration to on-prem and cloud virtualization platforms, automation integration (like Chef), kernel tuning, storage multipathing, and similar advanced skills. Due to the size of our enterprise and the number of systems we support, a solid background in scripting/automation is essential for this role. This individual will also need to be available for 24x7 support as required, as an integral part of our “follow the sun” model. The successful candidate will be a key contributor in a lean and high-performing IT organization of over 100 people who are aligned in several geographically dispersed centers supporting an employee base of over 4,000 people in 25 countries.
- Manage, maintain, support, troubleshoot, and optimize our global virtualized and physical Linux/Unix systems, both on-prem and cloud-based.
- Manage our global user directory services (NIS, IDM)
- Mentor junior members of the Linux/Unix team, including the offshore level 1 Operations Team
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of Linux/Unix technology road maps
- Identify, originate, schedule, and execute changes and improvements for Linux/Unix systems, including process documentation
- Participate in Linux/Unix product and technology surveys and studies to support business requirements, as relevant and required.
- Engage with related hardware, software, and virtualization vendors to support our critical production hardware
- Automate and script common tasks (for efficiency) and uncommon tasks (for repeatable reports and other scriptable functions)
- Work seamlessly with virtualization teams on integration and support
- Performance tuning and capacity planning for managed resources
Your Required Skills:
- Expert knowledge of enterprise Linux flavors (Red Hat, SUSE, CentOS)
- Proficient in using scripting to manage large environments
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts
- Experience working in a large multi-national global environment
- Experience working as a project lead in this technology area
- Experience successfully driving new technologies into production
- Be able to show the successful big projects you were integral to
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable technology discipline, or equivalent experience
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally (5%)
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior IT Engineer
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US