Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 26937
Position Title: Senior Database Analyst
Senior Database Analyst
At Informatica, our IT team partners with the business to define, design and deliver technology solutions that address current challenges and future needs of the enterprise. We strive to be a leading edge IT organization with innovative and dedicated people who focus on customer satisfaction, execution and delivery of first class services.
The IT Enterprise Database Management team strives to be Informatica’s #1 customer and is responsible for using Informatica products to develop solutions for the global employee base that increase our return on Data; work with product management to provide feedback on the latest releases, including those in alpha and beta development phases; assist Sales and Marketing on innovative product deployments and projects. The team is responsible for meeting business objectives through technical deliverables, designing solutions that are efficient and scalable, communicating effectively across the organization, and quality problem solving, debugging, and production support.
The position is suited for highly motivated and energetic individual with a desire to work on the Database Management and ensure the availability of all Teradata, Greenplum databases within Informatica. You will maintain the database availability, support the R&D and QA teams with the database requests and connect with the global teams to understand and support, on their requests.
Reporting to the Database Manager at Informatica - Bangalore, India, the successful candidate will be a key member of a high impact IT organization who are aligned in several geographically dispersed centers in over 25 countries that support the employee base across regions.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are talented professional capable of managing the databases that includes, maintain & manage Teradata , Greenplum databases, ensure the patching of the databases (as required), plan for the database backup, performance monitoring, documentation of regular tasks and provide on-call support for Sev1 incidents on production and critical development databases. You should have a positive, “can do” attitude, have great communication skills, and be ready to jump in and make things happen.
- Providing database administration on Teradata database for Production , Development and Test environments on 14.10 ,15.10,16.00 and 16.20
- Knowledge on apply database patches
- Evaluate and deploy security patches as necessary
- Administer Teradata database installations on TDVM, changes, upgrades, configurations , backups and recovery
- Experience in Teradata database administration on Linux
- Experience in Teradata database migrations and clone from source to target DB versions
- Performance tune database systems, configuration and related components.
- Set-up and maintain documentation and standards.
- Provide proactive management of Production ,R&D ,QA and Development support issues, including system users.
- Greenplum database 4.x and 5.x administration and maintenance with strong knowledge of Standalone & cluster setups.
- Plan, install and manage new and existing environments.
- PostgreSQL database 9.x ,10.x and 11.x administration and maintenance activities.
- Develop automation scripts to improve platform efficiency.
- Extensive hands-on experience in Database migrations from lower to higher versions in Teradata, Greenplum and PostgreSQL.
- Interacting with and providing optimum solutions to clients on a wide array of products like Teradata , Greenplum Databases.
- Interact with global support teams (DBA & Unix) to provide follow-the-sun support of systems
- Ensure proper communication and coordination within project team and key stakeholders
- Take ownership and resolve helpdesk cases within expected by SLA time frames
- Advise IT and R&D teams on database architecture and deployments
- Debug and troubleshoot database system failures and provide solutions quickly
- Provide on call support for critical issues.
- Technical degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 4-6 years of experience in Database Administration including Teradata and Greenplum databases
- Strong understanding of database management concepts and applying them efficiently
- Good understanding of ITIL concepts and best practices
- Passionate about solving problems, Innovative, creative and an outside-the-box mindset.
- Excellent Analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Good communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively as part of a distributed team
- Self-motivated e.g. ability to work with global stakeholders
- Able to manage varied & sometimes unpredictable workload.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Database Analyst
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN