Sr. Director, Marketing Operations
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 26940
Position Title: Senior Director, Online Marketing
Reporting to the SVP of Marketing, the Senior Director of Marketing Operations will assume complete responsibility for the development and implementation of processes, tools, initiatives, infrastructure and technology required to deliver on marketing goals and plans. The Senior Director will work across the organization to support strategic business needs while enhancing the effectiveness and efficiency of processes, programs, and infrastructure. Additionally, he/she will drive improvements to the digital marketing IT infrastructure, and the sales lead generation process.
Key priorities for the Senior Director will include:
- Build the capability to deliver actionable intelligence for Global marketing activities
- Expand and enrich the data available in the marketing data lake (MDL)
- Manage the health of our MDL
- Ensure continual data compliance across Marketing
- Manage the Marketing technology stack and build a plan to evolve it
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Lead the creation, automation, and maintenance of processes and reports to measure marketing department effectiveness, including return on marketing investment, leads analysis, customer list acquisition and maintenance, etc.
- Lead a cross-functional team beyond marketing operations to enhance the lead management process and the roadmap to improve lead management performance.
- Attract, retain, structure, motivate and lead a proactive, collaborative marketing operations team.
- Build on the foundational relationships with marketing peers and strong cross-functional partnerships at multiple levels across the organization with business units, client services, sales, operations and finance.
- Inventory marketing measures across regions and department, identify which measured should be continued and aligned, and track identified measures on a global basis.
- Benchmark Informatica’s current marketing activities, performance, and investment against industry best practices, and develop a roadmap for improvements.
- Develop and manage expense budgets and business plans for each fiscal year, as well as provide timely and accurate forecasts, budgets and other management tools.
- Define and maintain key business processes for contact master for Informatica and work with a cross functional team to ensure contact and company master strategies meet the requirements of marketing and other functional areas of the company
- Work with demand generation program leads and field marketing to identify opportunities to leverage automation to improve marketing effectiveness, including scoring, audience segmentation, offer optimization, nurture flows and reporting and analytics
- Evaluate and implement third party solutions to meet the needs of the global Marketing team
- Execute marketing system integrations and migrations for acquired companies
- Own deployment, troubleshooting, and end-user training for all marketing systems
- Present best practices in customer briefings
The ideal Senior Director of Marketing Operations will possess a strong combination of the following experiences and attributes:
- Minimum of 15 years of experience with increasing levels of responsibility leading teams and driving cross-functional marketing operations initiatives that yielded clear competitive advantages.
- Senior-level functional competence in the key elements of the operations function – IT infrastructure, measurement and reporting, and lead generation in $1B+ global organization. Sufficient IT knowledge to identify and manage needed infrastructure support and software support solutions.
- Track record partnering with client services and support, marketing, operations, finance, creative, and other functions as appropriate.
- Knowledge of and previous experience with leading analytical tools.
- Demonstrated success working across cultures and with globally distributed teams and customers.
- Organizational leadership ability; strong relationship development skills with a wide variety of audiences across all functions, ability to manage highly competent people to high levels of performance, and ability to establish effective and efficient project management processes.
- Excellent communications skills. Equally comfortable talking with customers, investors, employees, executive management team, and the Board. And an ability to translate complex technical issues into easily understood terms.
- Exceptional track record of executive leadership manifested through:
- Recruiting, organizing and motivating teams to achieve optimal efficiency and effectiveness.
- Leading an organization through change or rapid growth as well as managing people, relationships, and expectations in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated management qualities:
- Decisive leader with “executive presence” and high comfort level managing by influence.
- High comfort with accountability--must be able to take responsibility for failure and work productively to institute changes.
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) : Cary, NC
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Director, Marketing Operations
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US