Principal Software Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 27058
Position Title: Principal Software Engineer
Core Technology Group is responsible for building and delivering innovative foundational technology for all product offerings of Informatica, which include the Data Integration products, The Big Data Edition, Informatica cloud. The team is responsible for research, developing and delivering of administration and monitoring needs to the Informatica Platform that is core of Informatica’ s products for both enterprise & cloud installations.
You will be part of highly motivated and energetic team that relish fast paced agile development of innovative products using the latest UI, Cloud & Backend technologies. You will be involved with developing the next generation of Informatica’ s web and cloud applications and leverage your passion for creating great user interfaces to drive innovation at Informatica.
Our Ideal Candidate
One who has passion for Full stack development, constantly thinks of innovating and designing features so that the end user has the best experience with the product.
The successful candidate will be based in Bangalore, INDIA and will be responsible for:
- Developing a scalable architecture that meets the needs of massive data in a distributed computing environment
- Building highly interactive applications based on open-source technologies, Java, AWS technologies.
- Working in a small agile team of highly motivated and energetic professionals
- Analyzing, defining and documenting the requirements, driving the design & implementation.
- Working with product managers, quality assurance engineers and user experience designers to build the best products for our users
- Mentoring junior engineers on technical, architectural, design and related issuesRepresentative accountabilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Leading and driving the delivery and architecture for large functional areas of the product.Driving successful POCs, involving latest cloud based technologies.
- Interacting with QA and documentation teams to clearly communicate the features and behaviors of the system
- Assisting customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems
- Tech or M.Tech in computer science or related field
- 8 and more years of enterprise software development experience
- Strong Objected Oriented Design, Design Patterns
- Excellent coding and design skills in Java primarily
- Demonstrated understanding of object oriented design and programming
- Design experience preferably with product engineering background
- Working knowledge of server based system
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructures
- Experience in technologies like Java, AWS technologies
- Solid understanding of user interaction patterns and best practices
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision-making skills
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast paced, iterative product definition and development environment
- Fast learner; able to pick up new ideas and approaches quickly; enjoys brainstorming on design and loves problem solving with a strong focus on teamwork
- Ability to communicate and express thoughts and ideas in a group
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills within an organization
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision and take initiative; willing to mentor and develop others
- Ability to react quickly to changing requirements due to product limitations or driven by enterprise needs
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Software Engineer
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN