Principal InfoSec Program Mgr
Location: Austin, Texas US
Job Number: 27146
Position Title: Principal Project Manager
The Information Security Senior Program Manager is part of the Global Security Office (GSO) Austin security strategy & operations office. This individual will partner across the organization to incorporate and deliver Information Security products, programs and and services to support the business drivers for Informatica. They will position security to engage at the forefront of cloud and digital transformation initiatives, acting as a primary advocate to engrain security into Informatica’s cultural and business practices.
The Senior Program Manager in this role will oversee and coordinate assigned high impact, complex projects and programs with various team members and departments globally. Candidates will establish program and project scope, timelines, milestones and activities to ensure goals are met based on provided guidelines and budget. Must establish and maintain project related communications, reporting, and metrics to provide progress reports to GSO and Informatica leadership. Must have a proven track record in leading successful cross-functional information technology or security projects.
In support of security operations, the program manager in this role may also assist with developing shared services across the global security platform, provide guidance on security operational spending and budget based on program needs, and may contribute in other business-related areas as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as program and project manager for assigned security related projects; act in a supporting capacity to other
- Provide the single point of contact for resolution of project related issues
- Communicate overall project status on a regular basis
- Lead project meetings, including project kick-off, project status, steering committee, and other project stage gate meetings
- Direct project teams in the delivery of high-quality results within committed timeframes and budgets
- Work with project team members to define project tasks and milestones, and coordinate the alignment of dependencies both within the project and across other projects
- Ensure complete understanding of the project estimates and project scope in order to lead the team to deliver within the boundaries of the given estimates and assumptions
- Manage customer expectations regarding project scope, timelines, and deliverables
- Coordinate with project team members and partners to ensure the right resources are working on the right tasks at the right time, with clear expectations of milestones and goals
- Maintain relations and coordinate Project and Program initiatives across departments and Business Units
Knowledge & Requirements:
- 5-8 years experience managing both internal and external projects, 10+ years preferred.
- Strong history and track record of completing quality projects on time
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands for resources
- Ability to handle stressful situations with perseverance and professionalism
- Ability to multi-task efficiently
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and work under pressure.
- Working knowledge in the following areas: customer service management, project management, process improvement, technical support, problem escalation.
- A skilled collaborator and complex problem solver with experience managing relationships through internal and external escalations with experience presenting to leadership groups.
- A can-do attitude with a relentless focus on our customers and partners.
- Track record of collaborating with both technical and non-technical teams to create solutions greater than the sum of its parts
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business or equivalent educational background.
- 5-8 years experience in a combination of Information Technology, Engineering or IT Security project management.
- Strong experience managing cross-functional projects with both technical and non-technical teams (ie, Legal, Human Resources, IT, etc.).
- PMP certification preferred but not required.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal InfoSec Program Mgr
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US