Principal Privacy Protection Architect
Location: Austin, Texas US
Job Number: 27159
Position Title: Principal Information Security Analyst
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Information Security Governance and Compliance, the Privacy Architect will play a critical role in augmenting Informatica’s Privacy Program. The Privacy Program at Informatica is primarily aligned to our organization objectives of building Customer Trust, promoting Privacy by Design culture and maintaining Regulatory Compliance.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Act as a subject matter expert for the EU GDPR, CCPA, NIST Privacy Framework and other data privacy compliance regulations and manage related day to day compliance assurance activities
- Define and lead privacy by design principles into Informatica’s culture and business processes by facilitating cross-organizational working groups; coordinating product security guidance; driving privacy impact assessments; and creating training, sales enablement, policies, and automation
- Drive and assist with privacy-related incident response, risk analysis and security assessment processes
- Coordinate and drive cross-functional teams to determine Privacy related impacts resulting from changes to product landscape, new business processes and information systems
- Develop and drive privacy related internal and vendor facing assessment(s)
- Assist in the evolution of Informatica’s corporate and cloud infrastructure related security policies, procedures and standards
- Monitor, analyze and improve Informatica’s regulatory, industry, legal, and contractual Information Security compliance requirements to be consistent with industry best practices
- Assess, document and support the implementation of IT internal controls as part of on-going compliance efforts (e.g., GDPR, SOX, AICPA SOC 2, HIPAA/HITECH, IS027000, FedRAMP, etc.)
- Ensure effective and efficient control design, implementation and testing procedures
- Support the implementation of process and control improvement / automation / consolidation opportunities and drive consistently increasing maturity of overall control environment
- Program management practices (5+ year experience)
- Privacy principles, Privacy-by-Design, terminology, trends, and activities utilized by large complex organizations (5+ year experience)
- Privacy strategy and communications to impact user behavior supporting privacy best practices
- Seasoned experience with the full information lifecycle and privacy protective controls
- Knowledge of three or more of the following privacy laws or standards, such as: Fair Information Practice Principles (FIPPs), HIPAA/HITECH, PCI, FCRA, GLBA, FACTA, ISO, GAAP, SOC II, FERPA, COPPA, CCPA, NIST privacy and security standards and guidance, California data breach or other privacy related laws, or other relevant privacy frameworks
- Information privacy or privacy enhancing technologies;
- Strong understanding of information systems development, implementation, and maintenance
- Strong understanding of privacy policies, procedures, and contract clauses
- Experience leading activities supporting PII inventory, information classification, and privacy threat modelling
- Experience in leading and reviewing PIA projects, to include facilitating interview sessions, identifying risks, and creating results reports
- Preferred, but not required, privacy certifications, such as: CIPP, CIPM.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Privacy Protection Architect
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US