Location: Toronto, Ontario CA
Job Number: 27228
Position Title: Principal QA Engineer
Principal Software Development Engineer in Test, Informatica Cloud
Informatica is the only Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader that accelerates data-driven digital transformation. Informatica enables companies to fuel innovation, become more agile and realize new growth opportunities, resulting in intelligent market disruptions. Over the past 25 years, Informatica has helped more than 9,000 customers unleash the power of data.
The Informatica Cloud team is responsible for ensuring high quality, including performance and scalability of industry leading Informatica’ s next generation of Cloud platform and products. Engineers in the team are responsible for initiating and developing test strategy and test cases, managing documents, participating in reviews, developing automation including framework and developing flight plans for operations, timely reporting and verification of issues.
The platform employs microservices architecture to provide a plethora of rich services such as security, connectivity, metadata, administration, re-usable UI controls, with high performance and scalability. Thousands of customers rely on our service for moving billions of records every day.
You will work with the world class engineers to test and deploy Informatica Cloud Platform and Data integration applications.
You will participate in the testing effort of Informatica Cloud Platform and DI Applications. You will test and critique software components and interfaces in great technical depth. Your opinion will be sought out by product managers on many upcoming features. You will also help your immediate manager to evaluate risk factors in upcoming releases. You will develop test programs to ensure high product quality, and develop advanced test tools to increase productivity and efficiency. There will be many opportunities to interact directly with Sales and Marketing groups and Customer support to understand market needs and incorporate those into product verifications.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a self-motivated professional who demonstrates the ability to quickly grasp new technologies, products, and use cases. You are bright and intellectually curious; deal with concepts and complexity comfortably; are capable, adaptable and agile. The broader team crosses continents, and as such, communication in all forms is essential to success in this role. You will be expected to demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of Java Programming, developing test applications or automating using TestNG. The ideal candidate must have experience in technically leading a software testing team.
Technology You’ll Use:
- Java, Microservice, REST API
- Cloud platforms AWS/Azure/GCP, Cloud log services (Sumologic, Splunk), Cloud Application monitoring tools (AppDynamics)
- Testing framework/tools include but not limited to: Junit, TestNG, Selenium, JMeter, Postman, Robot
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Design and develop test plans, test cases based upon functional and design specifications. Review the test plan of the team members and provide feedback. Identify cross component impact, communicate and enable other QA teams to improve test coverage. Execute tests both manually and with automation
- Design, develop and maintain test programs including test tools and automated test suites in Junit/TestNG/Selenium
- Identifying and developing advanced test framework to increase productivity and efficiency
- Participate in product functional reviews, test specifications, documentation review of Informatica Cloud product, one of the fastest growing integration products
- Collaborate effectively with peer engineers and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas to deliver end-to-end quality in our technology and customer experience
- Influence development managers to insure appropriate levels of quality on owned technologies
- Influence and communicate effectively with non-technical audiences including senior product and business management. Keeping management well-informed and provides status across the organization
- Host review meetings effectively and drive the closure of all open issues on time
- Provide functional reviews in related areas of expertise
- Estimate and perform risk analysis for large features
- Master and become expert in Informatica's products in one component or area
- Interact with senior internal and external personnel. Able to communicate or present to the whole product team and occasionally across products. Interact with and influence other groups on same product and cross product groups
- Conduct cross-department talks/demos
- Guide processes to timely conclusions in immediate work areas and checks with others for external impact
- Suggest and make improvements to existing development process. Proactively provide ideas and suggestions to improve all aspects of the development processes. Develop action plans to implement the new ideas and best practices
- Chance to technically lead a team of engineers to ensure good quality releases of Informatica Cloud Products. Provides technical leadership, project leadership, and cross-team coordination for other team members for their projects. Mentors others involved in the same work
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical degree; advanced degree a plus
- 8+ years of experience in software testing
- 3+ years of experience in leading test team technically
- Must be experienced in developing test cases using TestNG/Selenium
- Backend automation with tools such Eclipse, Maven (projects management), Java, REST-based framework
- Must have a strong knowledge of QA processes and methodologies
- Must be self-starter with good communication & presentation skills in a fast-paced environment with multi-tasking capabilities
- Knowledge in testing Micro Service architecture in Sizing, resiliency, rolling deployment/upgrade
- Cloud technologies with experience in AWS/AZURE/GCP
- Strong working knowledge in Unix/Windows environments
- Clarity and precision in verbal and written communication Connectivity testing with Cloud Eco Systems is preferred with Salesforce, SAP, NetSuite, OData, Marketo, Workday
- Connectivity testing with Cloud Eco Systems is preferred with Salesforce, SAP, NetSuite, OData, Marketo, Workday
- Experience in performance testing is a plus
- Knowledge on Chef deployment scripting is a plus
Informatica offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, retirement, unlimited flexible time off and more. Our generous benefits vary depending on your geographic work location. It’s an exciting time to work at Informatica. You can learn more about our company, our products and our services at www.informatica.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal SDET
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Toronto, Ontario CA