Principal UI Engineer - Cloud Catalog & Governance Foundation
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 27234
Position Title: Principal Software Engineer
Excited to join the team that is building next generation enterprise cloud product? You are in the right place. Our group, Metadata Foundation R&D is on an ambitious mission to discover, analyze and map all data and information flows in the enterprise; providing intelligence that allows customers to unlock the power of data. It empowers customers to find, classify, catalog and analyze data assets and data flows across systems; understand and address data security risks; govern data quality and data flows in the enterprise. The group is responsible for providing a unified, highly scalable and extensible metadata cataloging and visualization foundation for our fast-growing Data Catalog, Data Security and Data Governance applications and fueling intelligence for our broader Enterprise Cloud Data Management offerings in Cloud.
We’re currently looking for a Principal Software Engineer with full stack development experience in building enterprise cloud product with hyper scale to join our team in Redwood City to be part of our cloud journey.
As a Principal UI Software Engineer, you will work with a world class Engineering team to design and build next generation microservices based Enterprise Cloud platform using latest cutting-edge cloud technologies such as Amazon AWS. You will be responsible for architecture, design and building our next generation cloud product. In the role of Principal UI Software Engineer, you must be able to work in and adapt to a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as a Principal Software Engineer, you must have strong communication, collaboration, technical and leadership skills
Technology You’ll Use not limited to the following:
- Unit testing techniques for Web UI, Ant, JUnit, Eclipse
- Docker and cloud platforms (AWS, Azure), cloud log services (Sumologic, Splunk), cloud application monitoring tools (AppDynamics, NewRelic)
- J2EE Spring Framework, Persistence Framework, Java SDK, web service protocol stack, REST, XML, JSON
- MVC and coding patterns, object-oriented programming skills; good understanding of data structures and algorithms
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Work with Product and Engineering leadership team to understand the vision, product roadmap and build the key product capabilities.
- Take part in the full application development lifecycle and own the technology product roadmap.
- Investigating, designing, and developing features individually or with a small team, and composing feature design documents
- Leading feature development and following through with other team members to ensure high quality and predictable delivery
- Providing detailed estimates of projects and meeting project schedules.
- Assist with product delivery by writing code, unit testing, automated test suites and reviewing pull requests.
- Giving iteration demos to show progress against requirements
- Participating in internal/cross team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation
- Mentoring junior engineers on technical, architectural, design and related issues
- Proactively identifying architectural weaknesses and recommending appropriate solutions
- Taking architectural ownership of functional areas in the product
- Assisting customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest and greatest tools and solutions that will best serve the business
- 8+ years of enterprise software development experience, preferably with data-intensive and multi-threaded service-oriented cloud products with high performance and scalability requirements
- Good knowledge of graphical libraries like high charts, D3 etc.
- Hands on with context api’s of React is a plus
- Good knowledge of web-technologies like Java Servlets, Spring framework, REST is a plus
- Familiar with open-source UI frameworks and API standards
- Hands-on experience of J2EE Spring Framework, Persistence Framework, Java SDK, REST, XML, JSON
- Experience of big data process platform, such as Hadoop or Spark, is a plus
- Strong Object Oriented Programming Skills. Good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision
- Proficiency with Cloud technologies such as AWS Cloud (EC2, EC2 Container Service, Kubernetes), Azure, GCP
- Excellent cloud experience including but not limited to multi-tenancy, secured application, high availability, Micro Services, telemetry,
- Experience with cloud application development, deployment, operation, and support
- Excellent hands on experience with Object Oriented Design and development like Java, Microsoft.NET and good experience in Relational Database like Oracle, SQL Server, NoSQL
- Leads the development of code for new or existing software of significant complexity, that may involve coordination of multiple teams/development workstreams.
- Owns a major technology or common shareable feature across several projects.
- Negotiates process, metrics and targets with external teams.
- Authors, reviews and approves requirements and designs for domains within multiple projects.
- Recognized as an expert and acts within the team as ""go to person.""
- structures and algorithms within domain that result in significant performance improvements
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines, IaC, Terraform, Ansible, test automation frameworks, Git Repository
- Building Application with Micro Services with end to end low latency response
- Can quickly get up to speed on any project or technology.
- Experience in Agile development methodologies and release management techniques
- Experience with migrating legacy applications to cloud adhering to best practices is a plus
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal)
Education / Experience
- 12+ years’ experience in software engineering with Cloud Development experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal UI Engineer - Cloud Catalog & Governance Foundation
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US