Technical Support Engineer - EDC
Location: Austin, Texas US
Job Number: 27292
Position Title: Technical Support Engineer
We’re currently looking for a Technical Support Engineer with experience in technical customer support, data warehousing and strong troubleshooting skills, to join our team in Austin.
As our Technical Support Engineer, you will be responsible to champion both internal and external Data Archive and Data Masking customers. In the role of Technical Support Engineer, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment.Working as the Technical Support Engineer you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Diagnose and resolve customer inquiries related to operating Informatica software products in customer's environment.
- Ensure all issues are resolved or escalated to the proper resources to resolve in a timely fashion.
- Manage communications/expectations to customers at all levels to maintain positive relationships.
- Utilize information tools, training and experience to provide high level of customer satisfaction.
- Participate in problem escalation and call prevention projects to help customers and other technical specialists increase their efficiency with our products
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field with 2+ years of industry experience
What We’d Like to See
- Strong desire to master Database, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence tools
- Excellent grasp of relational database management theory and practice
- Knowledge of JDBC, ODBC drivers, Linux and Windows operating systems and networks
- Excellent written and verbal communication and problem solving skills
- High degree of analytical and problem solving abilities
- Team player who shares ideas and resources
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Hadoop Technologies, Solr and experience with supporting Big Data products
- Hadoop Distribution like Hortonworks, CloudEra,
- Knowledge of Metadata, Business Intelligence tools, Tomcat
- Experience in Oracle, MSSQL Server and/or DB2
- Experience in Windows and Linux flavors of operating system
Alternative Location(s) : Toronto, Canada
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Support Engineer - EDC
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US