Lead Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 27315
Position Title: Lead Software Engineer
Excited to join the team that is building next generation enterprise cloud product? You are in the right place. Our group, Metadata Foundation R&D is on an ambitious mission to discover, analyze and map all data and information flows in the enterprise; providing intelligence that allows customers to unlock the power of data. It empowers customers to find, classify, catalog and analyze data assets and data flows across systems; understand and address data security risks; govern data quality and data flows in the enterprise. The group is responsible for providing a unified, highly scalable and extensible metadata cataloging and visualization foundation for our fast-growing Data Catalog, Data Security and Data Governance applications and fueling intelligence for our broader Enterprise Cloud Data Management offerings in Cloud.
We’re currently looking for a Lead Cloud Infrastructure Engineer with full stack development experience in building enterprise cloud product with hyper scale to join our team in Bangalore to be part of our cloud journey.
As a Lead Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you will work with a world class Engineering team to design and build next generation microservices based Enterprise Cloud platform using latest cutting-edge cloud technologies such as Amazon AWS. You will be responsible for architecture, design and building our next generation cloud platform and infrastructure. In the role of Lead Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you must be able to work in and adapt to a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as a Lead Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you must have strong communication, collaboration and technical skills
Technology You’ll Use not limited to the following:
- Docker and cloud platforms (AWS, Azure), cloud log services (Sumo Logic, Splunk), cloud application monitoring tools (AppDynamics, New Relic)
- Jenkins and Spinnaker CI/CD tools
- Perforce and Git version control systems
- Kubernetes, AWS EKS, Helm, Istio, Kiali, Service Mesh
- Telemetry tools which include Prometheus, ELK, Sumo Logic, Jaeger
- Web client technologies such as React and Java
- Unit testing, Integration and end to end Karate, Cypress and Selenium
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Contribute towards end-to-end agile DevOps based software development life cycle with end to end automation in mind (Tools & Processes)
- Establish software architecture patterns with High Availability, scale, security, monitoring, and configuration of cloud platform services.
- Planning, installing and deploying highly available solutions on public cloud
- Data center agnostic architecture and design to support AWS, GCP and Azure etc.
- Develop good technical understanding of distributed systems, large-scale server and cloud infrastructures to deploy and manage microservices in both private cloud and public cloud
- Building infrastructure as code and pipeline as a code
- Designing, implementing, and managing DevOps capabilities in cloud offerings using CI/CD toolsets and automation
- Supporting cloud deployment in production, staging and various dev/qa instances.
- Be a primary person to handle P0/P1 incidents reported in production and staging landscape
- Work with development teams across multiple organizations to drive automation, establish software standards, service modularity, testing standards, and deployment/management of microservices.
- Automating build, release/deployment, manual processes and workflows.
- Ensuring that software builds happen predictably, consistently and reliably
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect scope, schedule, and quality
- Support and improve our tools, infrastructure, and processes that support rapid and reliable delivery of high-quality software to our production service.
- Advocate for improving our build and release toolchain.
- Support deployment activities of development and production releases including troubleshooting of release blockers such as infrastructure, configuration and code.
- Assist development in troubleshooting system and software issues in all environments
- Design/manage process for Docker creation pipeline
- Write effective documentation
- Assisting customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems
- Keep up-to-date on the latest and greatest tools and solutions that will best serve the business
- 6+ years of Designing and implementing end to end automation in CI/CD for enterprise product in cloud platform.
- Experience across entire SDLC, CI/CD tools, with configuration & release management, deployments, and troubleshooting in cloud environments
- Significant experience with tools used for automated deployment, scaling, and operations of application containers such as Kubernetes/Mesos
- Experience with public clouds such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Hands on experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, bamboo, Spinnaker and GoCD
- Strong scripting experience with Bash, PowerShell, Python
- Strong understanding of source code version control systems, Perforce, GitHub and code branching/merging strategies
- Expertise with build package and release tools such as npm, Maven, JVM, Ant and Gradle
- Experience with tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, Sumo Logic, ELK, Zipkin, Jaeger, Opsgenie is added advantage
- Experience with deploying Docker images in the Cloud delivered through AWS EKS is preferred
- Network automation such as switch configurations, routing, & load balancers
- Proficiency with Cloud technologies such as AWS Cloud (EC2, EC2 Container Service, Kubernetes), Azure, GCP
- Excellent cloud experience including but not limited to multi-tenancy, secured application, high availability, Micro Services, telemetry,
- Experience in Agile development methodologies and release management techniques
- Experience with migrating legacy applications to cloud adhering to best practices is a plus
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal)
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision
Education / Experience
- 6+ years’ experience in software engineering with Cloud Infrastructure experience
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN