Senior IT Hosting Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas US
Job Number: 27333
Position Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Everything Informatica does begins and ends with data. Simply stated, we make great data – data that is connected, clean and safe -- ready to use so that all enterprises can be data ready and put their unique information potential to work. A data ready enterprise is decision-ready, customer-ready, application-ready, cloud-ready and regulation-ready. And by design, our Intelligent Data Platform delivers great data to enable our customers to be ready for anything.
The Sr IT Hosting Engineer is responsible for providing support to IT Hosting services across a wide range of internal Informatica customers. This role works closely with IT’s regional customers to better understand their needs and to propose technical solutions to day-to-day business problems and drive the technical aspects of our hosting service provided to our internal customers offering both Cloud and On-Premise solutions.
- Manages, maintains, supports, troubleshoots, and optimizes our Hybrid hosting platform in a global environment while making suggestions and adjustments based on future needs
- Will be required to play a key role in architectural design for Informatica’s hosting needs
- Introduce automation to the hosting service where possible.
- Ensuring that Informatica’s hosting environment is secure and meets Information Security policies, guidelines and requirements at all times.
- Anticipating current and future business needs and growth and through proper planning ensuring that the hosting environment is ready to meet those needs
- Working alongside and in cooperation with other IT teams to troubleshoot issues
- Using monitoring tools to gauge overall health of systems and services such Nagios and working with our NOC monitoring team
- Working with our global infrastructure team to ensure they meet the hosting group’ needs for servers and storage architecture design, growth discussions and initiatives
- Delivering hosting projects using approved project management methodologies on time
- Managing infrastructure vendor relationships to ensure Informatica is getting value for money from its vendor agreements, procurements and contracts and to optimize support processes and cost.
- Ongoing configuration and maintenance of IT supported hardware and software standards
- Creating and maintaining technical and KB documentation and procedures
- Ensuring that IT services meet and at times exceed customer expectations
- Ensuring consistent delivery of quality solutions that meet operational deadlines
- Ensuring that the hosting team maintain best in practice standards.
- Demonstrating accountability and see him or herself as responsible for IT meeting customer expectations
- Providing after hours and escalation support for Informatica’s 24x7 server and storage environment (e.g. supporting system outages and incident response scenarios)
- Excellent knowledge of computer hardware and software in general
- Expert level OS knowledge; Windows and/or Linux
- Experience working as a project lead
- Experience of hybrid orchestration working with AWS, Azure, and/or GCP
- Experience in managing a large VMWare farm
- Experience with container technologies
- Extensive experience with Configuration Management tools, such as Puppet or Chef
- Proficient in a variety of scripting languages and techniques
- Experience of successfully driving new technologies into production
- Has worked in a large multi-national environment that spans the globe
- A good understanding of “Quality” as it relates to Customer satisfaction
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Orchestration technologies - Embotics
- Scripting Experience – Chef
- Containerization knowledge – Docker, Vagrant
- Azure ARM & AWS Cloud Formation
- Proven ability to introduce automation into a hosting environment
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior IT Hosting Engineer
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US