Lead Software Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 27349
Position Title: Lead Software Engineer
The Core Technology Group (CTG) is the innovation hub within Informatica that is responsible for delivering an extensible, reliable and scalable platform that provides the solid foundation for all other Informatica products. Specifically, our team focusses on building a high performance and scalable Data Engine that can scale on multi-processor environments as well on a cluster of nodes. The engine is capable of handling batch, request/response and real-time workloads to deliver data for applications. Here are some of the key areas the team works on:
- Cross compiler to translate representation of a data flow plan from one engine to another such as Hadoop
- Reducing latency and processing time of query operations to return instantaneous results
- Delivering large data sets to client applications with extremely high throughput
- Enable the Data Engine to be available across on-premise, cloud, Hadoop and embedded applications
The Data Engine has been a key constituent of Informatica’s platform and serves multiple products such as Data Services, Data Quality and Profiling. Informatica products rely on the Data Engine to fulfill the vision of a Virtual Data Machine which is capable of executing data integration jobs either natively or across execution environments such as relational databases, Hadoop or cloud. You will be a key contributor to Informatica’s next generation platform and how it handles the volume, velocity and variety of structured and unstructured data. It could be enterprise and partner data from hosted Cloud services and on-premise deployments or arbitrary data from social web sites and media.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking to hire an engineer who has worked on developing large scale data management or database products. One who has advanced problem-solving skills and technical aptitudes that will allow one to adapt to new circumstances and learn quickly when facing new problems and challenges. One who can communicate effectively with geographically separated team members and drive problems to solution. You relish the opportunity to work on building optimizations that improve data processing performance across different use cases that include batch, request/response and real-time systems.
The successful candidate will be based in Bangalore, India and will be responsible for:
- Facilitating the collaboration and engagement between senior members of the team to ensure sound design and implementation of key functionality areas for the product
- Incubating and designing the next generation platform for complex heterogeneous systems and applications involving cutting edge technologies.
- Working closely with architects and development and QA engineers to discuss and evangelize features
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
- Participating in internal/cross team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation
- Mentoring junior engineers on technical, architectural, design and related issues
- Proactively identifying architectural weaknesses and recommending appropriate solutions
- Ensures high quality of all development work; follows development process without guidance, but with reviews.
- Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
- Takes ownership and responsibility, keeps management well-informed.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Understands impact of work on the feature/product/team.
- Guides own work to timely and complete conclusions.
- Organizes own activities reliably; during critical time periods, works hard to achieve tasks.
Representative accountabilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Leading and driving the delivery and architecture for significantly large functional areas in the product
- Taking ownership for features in the platform that cut across multiple product groups
- Designing, implementing, documenting, analyzing and operationalizing platform features clearly to ensure that others may readily utilize them
- Interacting with QA and documentation teams to clearly communicate the features and behaviors of the system
- Reviewing functional and test specifications and conducting training sessions for global services and support teams
- Assisting customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; advanced degree preferred
- 5 or more years of server-side software development experience, a portion of which was within an enterprise software company
- Hands-on experience installing, configuring, analyzing, optimizing, and troubleshooting systems and system related technology
- Knowledge of database internals such as query optimizations, developing core scalable parts of system or server-side multi-threaded development experience is essential
- Design experience preferably with product engineering background
- Object oriented design and programming.
- Strong programming skills in Java and/or C++ (Scala is desired as well)
- Understanding of Unix/NT systems programming.
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Hive, and Spark is highly desired
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast paced, iterative product definition and development environment
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision-making skills
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision and take initiative; willing to mentor and develop others
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills within an organization
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Software Engineer
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN