Location: Dallas, Texas US
Job Number: 27352
Position Title: Senior Consultant
The Informatica Professional Services develops and delivers detailed technology solutions through consulting project activities. With this role, you will be focused on working with subscription customers and with Informatica’s transition from perpetual to subscription license company, this role is more critical than ever. We ensure our customers quickly receive value from their investment, are successful with their implementation, and ultimately renew their subscription. Renewals are the lifeblood of software as a service companies such as Informatica, and our team is a key component in achieving our company’s mission. We work on highly visible projects with our most strategic customers, including many of the largest and most well-known companies in the world, to solve their digital transformation challenges using our latest technologies.
Our Ideal Candidate
You’re not the ordinary consultant. Rather than working with only a few customers each year, you enjoy engaging with a new high-profile customer every few weeks. And rather than implementing just a handful of solutions, you will be rapidly architecting and building dozens of new customer use cases. You’ll keep your technical skills sharp with not only the latest Informatica technologies, but also the other latest cloud ecosystems such as Cloud technologies such as AWS/Azure. And most importantly, you have passion and a drive to succeed in guiding customers and stakeholders through all the capabilities of our products and solutions. Whether it’s a best practice session for a new customer, addressing technical pain points, or enabling a team on our technology, you’re willing to take the time to provide deep explanations and explore creative solutions. You find a collaborative work environment rewarding yet are equally adept at working independently. As an influential and effective teacher, you are eager to share your knowledge and best practices and to develop and sustain an open line of communication with your supervisor and teammates.
You are responsible for providing services to our customers on Informatica’s Data Governance and Security products including:
- Managing 5-10 accounts simultaneously working with each towards their implementation success
- Deep exposure to Data Governance, preferably with Informatica’s products
- Expert-level knowledge and implementation experience in at least two areas including Data Governance, Catalog, Privacy, Data Management and/or Data Quality.
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving ability
- Experience leading and managing engagements, and implementations
- Exceptional verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Experience in one or more of the following industries: banking, insurance, pharma, telecommunications, retail.
- Project work including architecture planning, implementation planning, product installation and configuration, use case template development and environment assessments
- Delivering workshops to customers on Informatica Data Governance products
- Document case studies and create solution templates that will accelerate future implementations.
- Lead workshops and requirements gathering activities as well as provide recommendations and best practices for organizational change management, roles and training plans.
- Contributing to knowledge management activities to encapsulate knowledge and provide a foundation for successful engagements execution through continuous improvement
- Providing specialized services (for example, “proof-of-concept” work) for implementation partners or for customers
- Providing renewal rescue activities that may include customer problem resolution, use case design and development and product feature demonstration and application
- Assisting customers in both technical implementation and functional implementation efforts to ensure customer success. Functional implementation may include rollout strategies and planning for end user deployments of products that support enterprise metadata cataloging and data governance processes
- Providing expert knowledge transfer sessions on topics such as new features, common use cases and solution design to ensure customers and partners can continue to maintain and drive forward the successful product and project foundation we have initiated with Informatica Products
- Providing feedback to Informatica R&D teams based on customer use-cases, functional requirements and product enhancement requests
Successful candidates will possess technical aptitude, strength in written/verbal communications, ability to create and deliver business presentations, and strong client management skills to guide successful projects in this highly visible and fast-moving market.
Additional required qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Consulting experience
- Experience in Informatica product suite - Enterprise Data Catalog (EDC), Axon Data Governance or with competing software products especially around Data Catalog and Data Governance
- Familiarity with cloud hosted environments such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure
- General understanding of data analytics ecosystem, SQL knowledge and an engineering background are both pluses.
- Exposure to Enterprise data management, data warehousing and/or business intelligence projects.
- Ability to present technical architectures and business solutions
- Ability to manage customer escalations including project scope, product issues, and shifting customer priorities and demands is required
- Demonstrated outstanding problem-solving skills, curiosity, and a desire to grow
- Fluency in English with strong written and verbal communication
- Basic Linux/Red Hat skills
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
Must be US Citizen, Green Card / PR
Alternative Location(s) : Dallas, Austin, Plano, Redwood City.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Consultant
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dallas, Texas US