Location: City, US
Job Number: 27353
Position Title: Senior Consultant
Our Adoption Services team plays one of the most important roles at Informatica: we ensure our customers quickly receive value from their investment, are successful with their implementation, and ultimately renew their subscription. Renewals are the lifeblood of software as a service companies such as Informatica, and our team is a key component in achieving our company’s mission. We work on highly visible projects with our most strategic customers, including many of the largest and most well-known companies in the world, to solve their digital transformation challenges using our latest technologies.
Our Ideal Candidate
You’re not the ordinary consultant. Rather than working with only a few customers each year, you enjoy engaging with a new high-profile customer every few weeks. And rather than implementing just a handful of solutions, you will be rapidly architecting and building dozens of new customer use cases. You’ll keep your technical skills sharp with not only the latest Informatica technologies, but also the other Big Data ecosystem components such as Hadoop, Spark, and Cloud technologies such as AWS/Azure. And most importantly, you have passion and a drive to succeed in guiding customers and stakeholders through all the capabilities of our products and solutions. Whether it’s a best practice session for a new customer, addressing technical pain points, or enabling a team on our technology, you’re willing to take the time to provide deep explanations and explore creative solutions. You find a collaborative work environment rewarding yet are equally adept at working independently. As an influential and effective teacher, you are eager to share your knowledge and best practices and to develop and sustain an open line of communication with your supervisor and teammates.
You will deliver Adoption Services to strategic customer projects, both in-person and remotely while working from home (you can be based anywhere in the U.S.), providing architecture and design, installation, configuration, use case development and solution implementation advice. As your skills and experience grow, you will be able to grow your career with Informatica, either in expanded and more senior technical roles, or into leadership roles within Adoption Services or other parts of the company.
Big Data Adoption Services Consultants are responsible for providing to our customers expert technical services, training and mentoring on Informatica’s Big Data products, including:
- Managing adoption services for 5-10 accounts simultaneously working with each towards their implementation success
- Project work including architecture planning, implementation planning, product installation and configuration, use case template development, performance assessments and environment assessments
- Delivering workshops to customers on Informatica Big Data products
- Environment Assessment including use case review, best practices, architecture planning
- Contributing to knowledge management activities to encapsulate knowledge and provide a foundation for successful Big Data projects execution through continuous improvement
- Providing specialized services (for example, performance-related configuration or other “proof-of-concept” work) for implementation partners or for customers
- Providing renewal rescue activities that may include customer problem resolution, use case design and development and product feature demonstration and application
- Assisting customers in both technical implementation and functional implementation efforts to ensure customer success. Functional implementation may include rollout strategies and planning for end user deployments of products that support enterprise metadata cataloging and self-service analytics in a Hadoop environment
- Providing expert knowledge transfer sessions on topics such as new features, common use cases and solution design to ensure customers and partners can continue to maintain and drive forward the successful product and project foundation we have initiated with Informatica Big Data Products
- Maintaining the most extensive skill level in Informatica Professional Services on our Big Data Products and related technologies
- Providing feedback to Informatica R&D teams based on customer use-cases, functional requirements and product enhancement requests
Successful candidates will possess technical aptitude, strength in written/verbal communications, ability to create and deliver technical presentations, and strong client management skills to guide successful projects in this highly visible and fast-moving market.
Additional required qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Consulting experience
- Strong Linux/Red Hat skills
- Experience in Informatica big data product suite - Big Data Management (BDM) and Enterprise Data Catalog (EDC) or with competing software products especially around Data Catalog and Metadata Management
- Familiarity with common Hadoop security technologies including Kerberos, Active Directory, Sentry, Ranger and other protocols
- Familiarity with cloud hosted environments such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure
- Administration skills in Hadoop ecosystems, such as Cloudera, Hortonworks or MapR, or aptitude to learn these skills
- General understanding of data analytics ecosystem, SQL knowledge and an engineering background are both pluses.
- Exposure to Enterprise data management, data warehousing and/or business intelligence projects.
- Ability to present and address complex architectures and development issues
- Ability to troubleshoot complex environments with multiple products used to achieve a solution
- Ability to manage customer escalations including project scope, product issues, and shifting customer priorities and demands is required
- Demonstrated outstanding problem-solving skills, curiosity, and a desire to grow
- Fluency in English with strong written and verbal communication
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
Must be US Citizen, Green Card holder or PR
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Consultant
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Greater than 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: City, US