Director, Software Development
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 27404
Position Title: Director, Development
Our talented CloudTrust team is powering Informatica’s transformation to be the #1 enterprise cloud data management provider. We ensure that all our cloud products are resilient, performant, safe and compliant by working with industry-leading technologies and practices to practice “security and compliance by design” at every phase of product development and operations. The rapidly growing CloudTrust Security Testing and Operations team is responsible for the security and compliance posture of our global cloud products, including our flagship microservices-based Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services (IICS) platform. We build innovative testing tools, processes and automation, work closely with our development and operations teams to detect, prevent and remediate product and infrastructure security issues, train staff on evolving threats, and ensure our global, multi-cloud infrastructure stays safe and resilient.
By joining our organization, you will work for the industry leader, in a rapidly growing market place with the smartest minds in the business. We’re looking for thought leaders to join us on this journey, giving our customers a competitive advantage in today’s information economy by empowering them with timely, relevant and trustworthy data for their top business transformation imperatives.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are an exceptional application and infrastructure security leader familiar with agile business processes, have a track record of balancing security risk with business velocity, and building great teams who are passionate about cloud security and keeping customers safe. You are focused on internal and external customer success, continuous improvement and secure operational excellence at a global scale. You are seen as an industry leader amongst your peers, creating and maintaining innovative security programs that achieve measurable results, build strong partnerships with your development and operations stakeholders, and have and uncanny ability to simplify complex situations and dependencies to find novel strategic business solutions.
You will ensure Informatica cloud products stay secure by building and maintaining a team of cloud protection operations engineers and cloud testing experts who mix automation with deep security expertise and intuition to keep our customers’ data safe. You and your teams will deliver innovative, actionable training and workshops to empower development, QA and operations teams and keep them aware of relevant threats and countermeasures. Your team will also ensure that Informatica’s global cloud infrastructure operations are continuously monitored and managed to meet our security and compliance requirements while empowering staff to access what they need. You will ensure actionable business-impact metrics and relevant communications empower your stakeholders and bring visibility to upcoming opportunities.
- Ensure Informatica cloud products are delivered on time with the appropriate security training, relevant security testing performed and are monitored for ongoing safe operations.
- Build, mentor and empower a team of security experts across application and infrastructure security (e.g. “Red Team” activities), security protection operations, and training/architecture.
- Support and respond to real-time security incident handling and tracking (e.g., forensic collections, intrusion correlation/tracking, threat analysis, and direct system remediation) tasks as part of an Incident Response Team; coordinating with Cloud Operations and Global Security Office teams as needed. Investigate relevant incident data to identify specific vulnerabilities and implement fixes to ensure expeditious remediation and/or auto-remediation.
- Maintain the relevant documentation, standards, and internal policies/procedures to empower teams with the latest relevant product security guidance. Establish and maintain metrics that provide actionable insights into the security and compliance posture of Informatica’s global cloud.
- Ensure that Informatica’s cloud products and infrastructure exceeds compliance and regulatory requirements such as SOC2, SOC3, HIPAA, GDPR, ISO27000, CSA STAR, NIST Cyber Security Framework, NIST 800-53, and FedRAMP.
- Provide escalation support for production security incidents, coordinating with Operations and Global Security Office SOC teams as needed.
- Establish and deliver appropriate training, workshops, meetups, reviews, etc so that teams are aware of relevant threats, and know how to use the latest techniques to overcome them.
- Work closely with R&D peers to help them understand and manage their application security risk, handling escalations when necessary to balance business velocity and risk.
- Be the CloudTrust Bangalore office “site lead” and Point Of Contact for CloudTrust security, compliance and operations teams.
- Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field, or equivalent work experience
- 14 or more years of total experience
- 5-10+ years experience in information security, cloud security, or security operations. At least 5 years experience attracting, building and mentoring high-performance teams
- At least 5 years experience in a technical information security or security operations role, including cloud infrastructure security, application security, IAM, network or host IDS/IPS, and penetration testing and vulnerability management.
- Skills & Abilities
- Comfortable working with executive and technical leadership throughout the company to inform on cyber threats and risk. Capable of explaining technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated understanding of technological trends and developments in the areas of information security, risk management, web architectures, and cloud computing.
- Experience in Information Security and can balance risk management with business objectives
- Ability to manage multiple, ongoing initiatives and thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to lead by example
- Demonstrated experience with information security frameworks and maintain and implement best practices within field
- Experience working with business process re-engineering; experience working on project teams bringing together both business & technology.
- Demonstrated experience in handling cyber incidents and response in similar critical environments
- Proficient in preparation of reports, dashboards and documentation
- Advanced knowledge of cloud-at-scale security operations principles (e.g. asset management, threat/vulnerability management, IAM and key management)
- Cyber security-related certification(s) a plus such as CISSP, CEH or CISM
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Software Development
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN