Software Engineering Intern (Data Quality / DaaS)
Location: Cary, North Carolina US
Job Number: 27407
Position Title: Intern
Intern – Software Engineer – Data Quality / Data as a Service
As a Software Engineering Intern at Informatica, you will be exposed to innovative culture, challenging work, and a fast moving, results-oriented environment. You will be given real world projects involving the designing and coding of Informatica’s Data Quality products and supporting applications.
Informatica’s internships last 10-12 weeks during summer months. We are currently hiring for the May/June 2020 timeframe in the Cary, NC office.
We want to give interns full experience of implementing features for an enterprise software project. The summer intern will be assigned a project and be responsible (with the help of their mentor and our team) for driving all stages of that project including:
- Implementing project features end-to-end; work with the product management and product delivery teams on defining and validating the requirements; handle scoping, planning, internal and external dependencies for the features that you own
- Conducting research into relevant technologies, existing code base, and open source/third party libraries to formulate an optimal solution for the features
- Collaborating with a geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
- Working towards a BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong programming skills in Java, C#, or other object-oriented language
- Knowledge of relational database concepts and SQL
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Familiarity with software development lifecycles and Agile development methodologies
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Knowledge of web services and microservice architecture is a plus
State: North Carolina
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineering Intern (Data Quality / DaaS)
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Cary, North Carolina US