Software Engineering Intern (Data Quality / DaaS)
Location: Cary, North Carolina US
Job Number: 27407
Position Title: Intern
Intern – Software Engineer – Data Quality / Data as a Service
As a Software Engineering Intern at Informatica, you will be exposed to innovative culture, challenging work, and a fast moving, results-oriented environment. You will be given real world projects involving the designing and coding of Informatica’s Data Quality products and supporting applications.
Informatica’s internships last 10-12 weeks during summer months. We are currently hiring for the May/June 2020 timeframe in the Cary, NC office.
We want to give interns full experience of implementing features for an enterprise software project. The summer intern will be assigned a project and be responsible (with the help of their mentor and our team) for driving all stages of that project including:
- Implementing project features end-to-end; work with the product management and product delivery teams on defining and validating the requirements; handle scoping, planning, internal and external dependencies for the features that you own
- Conducting research into relevant technologies, existing code base, and open source/third party libraries to formulate an optimal solution for the features
- Collaborating with a geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
- Working towards a BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong programming skills in Java, C#, or other object-oriented language
- Knowledge of relational database concepts and SQL
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Familiarity with software development lifecycles and Agile development methodologies
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Knowledge of web services and microservice architecture is a plus
State: North Carolina
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineering Intern (Data Quality / DaaS)
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Cary, North Carolina US