Senior Technical Support Engineer
Location: Toronto, Ontario CA
Job Number: 27432
Position Title: Sr Technical Support Engineer
Provides technical support for the diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging of complex software. Reports design, reliability and bugs to R&D software engineering. May be involved in customer installation and training. Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Diagnose and resolve more complex technical issues related to the company's software products via telephone and/or email/internet.
• Manage communications to customers, at all levels, to maintain positive relationships.
• Experienced user of information tools and training to provide consistent, high levels of customer satisfaction.
• Participates in problem escalation and call prevention projects to help customers and other technical support staff increase efficiency.
• Contributes to online knowledge base of known issues/solutions.
• May specialize on particular area or module of the product.
• Actively participates on technical forums.
• Provides feedback on the area of specialization to R&D.
• May mentor Associates and Support Engineers.
• May contribute in the team recruitment process by serving on interview panels.
Knowledge & Skills
• Seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization who resolves wide ranges of issues in creative ways.
• This is the fully qualified, career oriented, journey level position.
• Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Expands skills and practical knowledge by routinely working with experts in the field and outside of immediate team/area/segment.
• Well developed knowledge of relational database management theory and practices.
• Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
• Highly adept at customer relationship and issue resolution communication skill.
• BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
• Minimum 5+ years of relevant professional experience.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Technical Support Engineer
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Toronto, Ontario CA