Site Reliability Engineer Intern
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 27449
Position Title: Intern
Site Reliability Engineer Intern (Observability) @ CloudTrust Team
Greetings! Informatica is looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer Intern to work with our Observability team responsible to monitor all our Infrastructure Systems, Products hosted on Cloud. During this internship you will be working with Site Reliability Engineers, Architects, Product and Design Teams to participate in brainstorm sessions, build and improve existing telemetry solutions. Ideal candidate should have experience developing distributed systems, troubleshooting skills, engineering metrics ingested from various systems that can be consumed by our customers.
- Informatica’s internships is 10-12 weeks, fulltime hours during the summer months at Redwood City, CA
- We are currently hiring for the May/June 2020.
- Authorized to work in the US
- Device methods to ingest metrics, monitor, analyze logs from various products and services
- Work with scalable data streaming pipelines to ingest millions of events, metrics in real-time
- Evaluate tools, technologies, processes and make recommendations to improve and increase quality and efficiency repeatedly.
- Assist in everyday operations of Products and Services by collaborating with other SREs, Architects in the team
- Work with Engineers to implement telemetry to effectively monitor all the Products and Infrastructure
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
- Graduating between December 2020 and June 2021 with a BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with programming skills in Java or Go or other object-oriented languages
- Experience with Scripting Languages such as Python, Perl, Shell Scripting, etc.
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Have worked on designing and building dashboards for teams to visualize and monitor
- Knowledge in Prometheus, Elastic Search, Influx, Cloud Watch, Azure Monitor or any metric ingestion tools
- Knowledge in Cloud Services such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Knowledge in Distributed Systems, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with AI/ML a plus
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Site Reliability Engineer Intern
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US