Software Engineering Intern (UI)
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 27457
Position Title: Intern
Intern – Software Engineer (UI) – Cloud Platform
As an Intern at Informatica, you will be exposed to innovative culture, challenging work and a fast moving, results oriented environment. As a Software Engineer intern, you will be given real world projects involving the coding and designing of Informatica’s next generation UI framework and design system.
Informatica’s internships last 10-12 weeks during the summer months. We are currently hiring for the May/June 2020 timeframe and will be located in Redwood City, CA.
What We Look For
- Passion for user interface, experience and visual appeal
- Knowledge of bundle and build system like npm, gulp, webpack, rollup etc.
- Knowledge of frond end test framework is preferred
- Knowledge in Relational databases concepts
- Object Oriented design, data structures and programming
- Operating Systems, multi-threading and algorithm knowledge is preferred
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Development or similar technical discipline
Nice to Have
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies in a dynamic environment
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Accurately assess critical factors for success and mitigate risk on deliverables
- Proactively share technical knowledge and best practices with team members
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills
- Articulate ideas and thoughts clearly and easily
- Interact well with team leaders, peers, junior staff and other managers at various positions
- High energy, confident, ambitious and self-motivated individual
- Willingness to embrace new challenges and help drive success
- Must be an effective communicator
Technology We Use
Here’s some of the technology that you may have the ability to work with during your time with us:
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineering Intern (UI)
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US