Software Engineering Intern (Cloud)
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 27458
Position Title: Intern
Informatica is currently looking for Software Engineering Intern (Cloud) to join our Data Engine Team for Summer 2020
Internship will be based out of our headquarters located at Redwood City, CA
Graduating between December 2020 and June 2021 with a BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
Cloud Big-Data Management
Our team is the Data Engine Team responsible for building a high performance and scalable data processing engine that can scale on multi-processor environments as well on a cluster of nodes (Spark on Kubernetes). Specifically, our team works on optimizing user provided data integration tasks to create the optimal execution plan (using both rule-based and cost-based optimization) and then executes it either locally or on a Kubernetes cluster via Spark. We work with Spark and other cutting-edge open source technologies to ensure we can quickly process Terabytes of data to enable our customers to perform analytics at scale.
To power the engine reliably and at scale in a serverless fashion, a robust infrastructure is essential. Based on the micro-service architecture, the Data Engine team is responsible for ensuring Spark workflow generation and subsequent orchestration at scale with guaranteed up-time.
Try it out at: https://www.informaticacloud.com
We want to give interns the full experience of developing a feature for an enterprise software product. Each intern will be assigned a project and be responsible (with the help of their mentor and our team) for driving all stages of that project including:
- Requirement Gathering
- Functional Specification
- Design Specification
- Unit Testing
- Code Review
- Helping and Reviewing QA and Performance test plans
- Object Oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- Strong Java Programming Skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Desired Skills: Nice to have
- ML, Python and Scala
- Apache Spark
- Scripting knowledge
- AWS, Azure, GCP ecosystems
- Hadoop Knowledge (Hive, HDFS, YARN, etc)
- Database and SQL Knowledge
- 3+ years Computer Science education
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineering Intern (Cloud)
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US