Principal UX Researcher
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 27462
Position Title: Principal User Experience Designer
Principal UX Researcher
We are witnessing a significant time in which every organization is being disrupted and undergoing its own form of data-driven digital transformation. Underpinning this is a generational shift cutting across data analytics, applications, databases, computing, and storage. As the leader in Enterprise Cloud Data Management, Informatica helps companies enable their transformations, e.g., as they move from traditional BI tools to self-service analytics solutions and from on-premises infrastructures to the cloud.
The UX team is the driving force behind the design and usability of Informatica’s Enterprise Cloud Data-Management products. We are a globally diverse, world-class team of designers and researchers who shape the user experiences and innovation initiatives of Informatica’s products. We are a creative, collaborative, and fun team. We also care deeply about each team member’s professional growth and development.
We are seeking a talented, multi-dimensional Principal UX Researcher who excels at understanding users’ needs and fueling the design process with actionable insights. This UX Researcher knows how to support the design of easy-to-understand solutions for complex usage scenarios, and is skilled at creating and delivering knowledge that will help end users do their jobs more effectively and efficiently.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are highly experienced User Researcher--skilled at selecting and applying a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods, e.g., field studies, remote- and lab-based usability studies, surveys, competitive assessments, etc. You have worked on many software-development projects and can provide examples of products that have benefited from your insights and ability to champion and drive actionable usability. You enjoy working with product managers to understand and define business requirements. You design studies that address key questions from UX designers and product managers. Most importantly, you thrive on interacting with customers, understanding their needs and preferences, and evaluating design ideas and assumptions to help build the right products to satisfy those needs and preferences.
The successful candidate will be based in Redwood City, CA and will be responsible for:
- Facilitating collaboration and engagement among cross-disciplinary team members and other stakeholders to ensure that end-users’ needs and skills are understood and taken seriously.
- Working closely with UX designers, product managers, developers, and other business leaders to promote best practices in user research.
- Planning and conducting user research across all stages of the product-development lifecycle -- from early-stage requirements gathering, to prototype validations, to usability studies on working products.
- Developing and tracking user-research needs and goals; defining user-research roadmaps, e.g., applying research methods and developing plans to best address research questions.
- Mentoring more junior user researchers on research methods and design-related problems.
- Designing and conducting user-research activities to support product initiatives.
- Documenting and presenting actionable research findings to a variety of audiences.
- Collaborating with UX designers to help them iteratively design solutions that satisfy project goals.
- Analyzing competitors’ UX that inform design decisions.
- Evangelizing the value and proper use of user research to address business needs.
Research and methods experience
- 8 or more years of professional experience conducting user research and evaluations.
- MS-level (or equivalent) training and experience using quantitative and qualitative user experience research methods.
- Mastery of a broad set of research methods, e.g., interviews, surveys, usability evaluations, field studies, basic quantitative analyses, A/B tests, online experiments, log analytics studies, advanced quantitative analyses.
- Strong familiarity with literature on HCI theory and practice, particularly design principles and patterns.
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision and take initiative to solve problems.
Informatica offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, retirement, flexible time off and more. Our generous benefits vary depending on your geographic work location. It’s an exciting time to work at Informatica. You can learn more about our company, our products and services at www.informatica.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal UX Researcher
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US