Technical Writing intern
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 27481
Position Title: Intern
We’re currently looking for an energetic technical writing intern to join our team in Redwood City, CA.
As a technical writing intern, you will help our data engineering content development team deliver high quality content to support our products. You will put your outstanding written and verbal communication skills to good use by helping the team create content like user guides, how to articles, walkthroughs, and videos.
In the intern role, you will gain experience working in a fast-paced environment creating content that is clear, concise, and useful. You will learn common tech writing tools and skills.
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Write user documentation to be published online in HTML and PDF formats.
- Create knowledge base and how to articles.
- Create videos to help users understand functionality.
- Create interactive walkthroughs that integrate into the product.
- Meet with engineers and product managers to learn about features.
- Learn to write in DITA, an industry standard authoring methodology.
- Be part of a positive team environment that promotes a culture of innovation, accountability, dependability, collaboration, and excellence.
- Graduating with a degree in engineering, technical communications, humanities, or social sciences
- Must be a student, currently enrolled with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Excellent analytical and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn technical information
What We’d Like to See
- Knowledge of data management, data engineering/big data, database, and cloud concepts.
- Familiarity with DITA, XMetaL, content management systems, source control systems, Jira, and Confluence.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud, video software, e-learning software, and/or WalkMe.
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Writing intern
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US