Principal Consultant -- Data Strategy/Data Governance
Location: City, US
Job Number: 27643
Position Title: Principal Consultant PS
Informatica is currently looking for a Principal Consultant with experience in data strategy and data governance to join our team.
As a Principal Consultant, you understand what it takes to implement data and analytics solutions that make valuable business outcomes possible. In the role of Principal Consultant, you’ll excel at uncovering, and then connecting, our customers’ strategic business drivers to Informatica’s technical capabilities. To be successful in the role of Principal Consultant, you must be able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment while maintaining excellent communication with management and team members.
Technology We Use
- Hadoop, Big Data, Linux, Hive, Spark, Oracle, SQL, ETL, PowerCenter, Azure, AWS, Google, Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR, Kerberos, Active Directory, Sentry, Ranger
- Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise, while identifying new opportunities
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
- Actively manage and working with 5-10 accounts simultaneously
- Assist customers with implementation while providing expert knowledge
- Lead and deliver presales workshops and provide specialized services for customers
- Develop and embrace key relationships with customers at all levels
- Continuously contribute to proposals, construct estimates, and validate an approach for implementation
- Work across multiple teams and departments
- Mentor and assist associate consultants
- Providing renewal rescue activities that may include customer problem resolution, use case design and development, and product feature demonstration and application
- Proactively identify proof of value user cases, roles, and personas to address during the sales process
- Support and participate in proof of concept activities, problem-solving and troubleshooting for the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
- Participate in internal/cross-team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation
- 10+ years of experience as a data management practitioner
- 5+ years of experience in leading large-scale data management and analytics initiatives
- Proven experience implementing data governance programs, defining vision and data strategy
What We Look For
- Ability to work on multiple projects and be flexible to adapt to changing requirements
- Must be a champion of change, actively engaging and supporting change and innovation
- Willingness to travel up to 60% of the time across North America
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- High energy, confident, ambitious and self-motivated individual
- Willingness to embrace new challenges and help drive success
- You’re on the rise in the data management industry, and have either done:
- Public Speaking Engagements
- Published Articles
- Blogs or White Papers
- Must be an effective communicator
- BS in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work experience
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Consultant -- Data Strategy/Data Governance
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: City, US