Director, BI Solution Architecture
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 27705
Position Title: Director, Information Technology
We're currently looking for a Director of BI Solutions Architecture with strong Cloud solutions architecture and great leadership experience to join our growing team in Redwood City, reporting to the Chief Data Officer.
As our Director of BI Solutions Architecture, you will be an integral part of our CDO leadership team responsible for driving long and short-term BI Solution strategies, Data Warehouse and Data Analytics from on-prem to Cloud. In this role, you can work and adapt in a fluid, dynamic environment. Working as the Director of BI Solutions Architecture, you will have strong technical, communication, teamwork, and leadership skills.
Technology You’ll Use:
• MS Azure PaaS services, Azure storage solutions, Azure Data Solutions
• Informatica applications such as IICS, IDQ, BDM
• Streaming solutions such as Stream, Kafka
• NoSQL DB, NoSQL ELT/ETL development, patterns, and tooling; GDBMS
• CI/CD frameworks (e.g. GitLab, Spinnaker, Jenkins, Docker)
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing:
• Architect & implement BI solutions on Azure; design & implement migration strategies for traditional systems on Azure
• Propose architectures considering cost/spend in Azure and develop recommendations to right-size data infrastructure
• Perform architecture design, data modeling, and implementation of platform architecture and analytic applications.
• Architect and implement complex big data solutions. Stand up and expand data as a service in collaboration with partners. Develop highly scalable and extensible Big Data platforms which enable collection, storage, modeling, and analysis of massive data sets
• Work with Data Governance team to design and manage reference data and master data programs.
• 12+ yrs of relevant experience with 4+ yrs of experience with MS Azure PaaS Services
• Experience with Azure data solutions (Azure SQL, SQL Data Warehouse, Data Lake Analytics/Store, Data Factory, Data Lake analytics, ADLS etc.)
• Experience with Databricks UAP
• Experience with Kafka and Azure Stream
• 7+ years of experience with end-to-end solution architecture for data including data modeling, architecture, processes and controls, and visual analytics.
What We’d Like to See
• Experience with Informatica applications such as IICS, IDQ, BDM
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) : Austin, TX
Community / Marketing Title: Director, BI Solution Architecture
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US