VP, Corporate Communications
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 27789
Position Title: VP, Corporate Communications
The VP of Global Corporate Communications will be responsible for elevating the profile of our company to key audiences -- influencers, media, the investment community, customers and prospects. You will work closely with our senior executives, including the CEO, to deliver external-facing communications and programs that strengthen Informatica’s brand perception.
You will be an engaged senior leader with a successful track record of building and leading communications programs globally, with experience across public relations, executive communications, and thought leadership programs. You will be supporting an Investor Relations strategy and increasing the company’s visibility with the investment community.
You are savvy about how to translate complex strategies into compelling messages and how to articulate stories in the context of broader trends. You must function effectively and diplomatically within a fast-paced organization. You are a strategist, innovator and excellent storyteller, and possess a positive, can-do attitude, bringing fresh ideas and innovative approaches to the group. You are a strong and experienced team leader, with a track record for delivering results.
The position is based at our headquarters in Redwood City, California.
What You’ll Do
- Direct and implement a communications strategy that is aligned with key marketing initiatives and strategic business priorities.
- Oversee company news, product announcements, crisis communications, and merger and acquisition communications
- Articulate and build the company’s thought leadership platform, defining the issues and topics that create opportunities for engagement and story creation.
- Build and manage the internal global PR team and the PR agency, to support the development and execution of PR programs. Work cross-functionally with many teams inside Informatica, including product marketing, legal, brand, employee communications, HR, and social media.
- Ensure programs are achieving measurable goals. Develop and track key deliverables, coverage goals, and KPIs. Update and manage internal reporting and plan updates.
- Bachelor's, Master's degree or equivalent degree in communications, journalism or related field.
- 15+ years of B2B corporate communications experience with demonstrated track record of success at an executive level.
- Previous communications experience in large enterprise software industry and SaaS.
- Extensive experience in managing a comprehensive, strategic communications, media relations program.
- Previous communications experience with pre-IPO company in high-growth stage is preferred
- Experience partnering with investor relations and supporting communications programs that go hand-in-hand with IR strategy, such as quarterly earnings announcements and experience properly handling material information.
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with top-tier technology and business reporters and editors.
- Experience developing and implementing an integrated approach, combining PR with paid, social, and owned media.
- Ability to build and maintain close, collaborative relationships with all levels of the organization to ensure alignment and integration of messages and initiatives
- Superb people leadership skills and a demonstrated track record of building, leading and mentoring high performing teams.
- Curiosity, creative thinking, and can easily thrive in the grey.
- Stature, gravitas, and confidence to gain the credibility and respect of CEO and his staff.
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: VP, Corporate Communications
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth, and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US