Senior Professional Services Consultant
Location: Milano, Milano IT
Job Number: 27810
Position Title: Senior Consultant
Informatica Professional Services exists to make our customers successful with our software and we pride ourselves on having the product expertise and project discipline to make this happen. Because our practice serves the largest and most diverse Informatica customer base, our work keeps us on the cutting edge of all forms of data management projects: B2B, Big Data, Cloud Integration, Data Governance, Data Migration and Consolidation, Data Quality Management, Data Synchronization, Data Warehousing, Integration Competency Centers, Master Data Management, and Services Oriented Architectures. Whether it is a short or long-term engagement, we are dedicated to sharing our knowledge to ensure our customers continued success with our products.
We want a technically focused but strategically aware Information Management specialist who will travel, evangelize, consult, train and troubleshoot to enhance our clients’ experience on Informatica solutions. Working either independently or with a team of Informatica and/or Business Partner consultants, you will be a primary and critical point of contact for clients. In this highly visible and impactful role you will successfully employ a combination of technical expertise and client management skills to influence, consult and deliver Big Data strategies, and technical product implementation.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a gifted communicator, able to build consensus and motivate team members and clients to succeed at any given task or project. You are a highly intelligent self-starter who can stay focused and efficient, whether working alone or in a group on several different engagements at once. You are capable of understanding complex technical and business concepts and explaining them straightforwardly to others. You are a confident pro-active individual who exhibits tact and patience when circumstances demand it. In addition, you have the following attributes:
- Strong Linux admin skills
- Must have Data Development experience
- Big Data experience or exposure
- Information Management experience on Data Integration & Data Quality projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with an approachable communication style.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and consistently meet internal and external deadlines
- Proficiency communicating with clients, partners and colleagues from other cultures and regions
Your responsibility is to ensure the client’s success in implementing, adopting and succeeding with the Informatica Data Management suite of products; from envisioning the correct implementation strategy, to making it a reality. All our consultants are required to have superior communication skills, technical problem-solving skills, and a customer orientation such that they can travel to customer sites alone and handle any issue that arises as the customer implements the Informatica products. You will be expected to contribute to proposals, construct estimates and validate an approach or strategy to implementation. You will travel wherever necessary and work alone or with a team to provide support and solutions for assigned clients and projects. You will promote best practices while managing project deliverables, timelines and customer expectations. Your ultimate mission is to deliver a first-rate client experience and positive brand awareness for Informatica.
- Solid understanding of Data Integration and Data Quality architecture
- Understanding of principals of Data Governance
- Understanding of Hadoop architecture and components
- Exposure on popular additions such as HIVE and Spark is a strong plus
- Hands on exposure with at least one leading Hadoop distribution system such as Hortonworks or Cloudera is a strong plus
- Familiarity with common Hadoop security technologies including Kerberos, Active Directory, Sentry, Ranger and other protocols is a strong plus
- Comprehensive development/deployment experience in Information Management projects including strategy development, install and config, sizing and performance and mapping development
- Experience using Linux.
- Experience on administering Linux is a plus
- Strong background in data integration technologies and databases such as ETL, light database maintenance, Oracle and SQL
- Established consulting background. Must have proficient soft skills and be able to present, manage meetings, and communicate clearly and concisely at all levels within an organisation
- Experience with Informatica Big Data Management tooling a strong plus
- Experience with other Informatica products such as PowerCenter, Data Quality or Informatica Cloud a plus
- Experience with development in procedural languages a plus
- Experience with Infrastructure maintenance and deployment both on premise and within the Cloud (Azure, AWS, Google) a plus
- Willingness to travel up to 75 percent of the time; predominately within home region but across Europe where necessary
- Fluency in English and Italian
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Professional Services Consultant
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Greater than 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Milano, Milano IT