Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 27821
Position Title: User Experience Designer
We are witnessing a significant time in which every organization is being disrupted and undergoing its own form of data-driven digital transformation. Underpinning this is a generational shift cutting across data analytics, applications, databases, computing, and storage. As the leader in Enterprise Cloud Data Management, Informatica helps companies enable their transformations, e.g., as they move from traditional BI tools to self-service analytics solutions and from on-premises infrastructures to the cloud.
The UX team is the driving force behind the design and usability of Informatica’s Enterprise Cloud Data-Management products. We are a globally diverse, world-class team of designers and researchers who shape the user experiences and innovation initiatives of Informatica’s products. We are a creative, collaborative, and fun team. We also care deeply about each team member’s professional growth and development.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are seeking a talented UX Researcher who excels at understanding users’ needs and fueling the design process with actionable insights. This UX Researcher knows how to support the design of easy-to-understand solutions for complex usage scenarios, and is skilled at creating and delivering knowledge that will help end users do their jobs more effectively and efficiently.
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary stakeholders to ensure that end-users’ needs and skills are understood and taken seriously.
- Work closely with UX architects, interaction designers, product managers, developers, and other business leaders to promote best practices in user research.
- Plan and conduct user research across all stages of the product development lifecycle -- from early-stage requirements gathering, to wireframe and prototype validations, to usability studies on working products.
- Document and present actionable research findings to a variety of audiences.
- Manage external resources (as needed), e.g., recruiting services and/or additional researchers
- 2 or more years professional experience conducting user research.
- MS-level (or equivalent) experience using qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Mastery of research methods, e.g., interviews, surveys, usability evaluations with lab or remote sessions, field studies, and basic quantitative analyses.
- Strong familiarity with literature on HCI theory and practice, particularly design principles and patterns.
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision and take initiative to solve problems.
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: UX Researcher
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US