Senior QA Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 27826
Position Title: Senior QA Engineer
The QA team is responsible for ensuring functionally high quality including performance and scalability of Informatica Products. Engineers in the team are responsible for initiating and developing test cases documents participate in reviewes, run and report issues and automate the cases.
You will participate in the testing effort of enterprise software. He/she will test and critique software components and interfaces in great technical depth, write test programs to assure high product quality, and automate them using available framework.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking at hiring Senior Software Engineer QA for the CMG team at Informatica who shall be responsible for conducting the functional tests. He/she will test and critique software components and interfaces in great technical depth, write test programs to assure high product quality, and develop advanced test tools to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Deliver improvements to automation framework, and fill gaps in automation of test
- Develop automated tests not only for your features but also to support other QA engineers
- Design, create, and use test automation tools and harnesses
- Oversee the overall QA life-cycle, from test planning, to implementation, execution and results reporting
- Design and implement test cases in a rapid prototyping environment with minimal supervision
- Perform and orchestrate multiple activities simultaneously
- Participate actively in all requirements, design and architectural activities
- Collaborate effectively with engineers to solve complex problems to deliver end-to-end quality in our technology and customer experience
- Assist customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems
- Mentor juniors involved in the same work.
- Understand technical test challenges and design feasible solutions to address them
- Work closely with Development lead, Product Managers (PM), Global customer service, Professional Services (IPS), etc. to validate the solutions built for industry segments
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders across the organization
- Troubleshoot production issues and work with the team to design and develop solutions.
- Organize own tasks and takes responsibility for progress and completion
- Interacts with senior, internal and external personnel
- Ability to communicate or present to the whole product team and occasionally across products
- Interacts with and influences other groups on same product and cross product groups.
- Have a positive attitude towards the challenges and possess the feel to be a good fit with Informatica culture.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and re-prioritize responsibilities based on changing requirements (such as urgent customer problems).
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical degree
- 4+ years of Enterprise Software Testing experience with a strong technical background
- Expert in Developing UI automation Frameworks using the Seleniu
- Strong RDBMS fundamentals and hands-on database experience on any 2 systems (Like MySQL, Oracl
- Automation experience in Java, Python, Shell script
- Good working experience and expertise in Unix/Linux
- Knowledge on ETL/BI Testing is desirable.
- Experience with technologies like Tomcat, Ant/Maven, Jenkins is desirable.
- The candidate should have prior experience dealing with full product development lifecycles and multiple releases, preferably of large enterprise software products
- Excellent written & verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong team player
- Energetic and motivated self-starter with an ability to think creatively.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior QA Engineer
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN