Senior QA Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 27834
Position Title: Senior QA Engineer
About the Role:-
Informatica is looking for talented engineers with a passion to engineer and deliver high quality products to join our Data Quality team. As recognised leaders in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Data Quality Tools, we have no room for followers. We gained our market leading position through hard work, strong focus, incredible dedication and exceptional performance – the very virtues we are looking for in new Informatica people.
We need people who carve their own niche, quickly understand priorities and know what needs to be done to get things moving. We expect our people to adapt to an informal atmosphere and appreciate the tremendous advantage of being surrounded by dedicated experts.
In return, we offer the unique opportunity to join one of the most visionary, exciting and fastest growing software companies in the world, working with advanced technology and great products that are truly changing and improving the way our customers do business.
A Senior QA Engineer at Informatica is a position that provides an opportunity to work on customer issues that require a deep understanding of the product as well as the use case of the customer. This role is ideal for a person who is passionate not only about the solution but also the quality of the solution that is provided. This is a role with high visibility and requires the engineer to be a self starter as well having excellent technical and analytical skills.
- Good technical skills in Java and/or C++.
- At least 3+ years of experience in developing tools, automation framework, white box and unit tests, performing code reviews, defect analysis, and identifying automation opportunities.
- Ability to root cause defects by analyzing debug logs, analyzing crash dumps and reviewing code
- Hands on experience with one more tools such as Coverity, Fortify, Code Collaborator, VeraCode, JMeter, unit testing frameworks such as CPPUnit, Junit.
- Should have strong design, programming, debugging experience, and excellent problem solving skills.
- Provide detailed cost estimates of projects and meet project schedules.
- Communicate across features and components within the product.
- Interact with other groups on same product and cross product groups.
- Conduct talks/demos within team.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality, scalable software with a cohesive user experience.
- Must be highly motivated with a strong passion for and commitment to software quality.
- Candidate must have a strong desire to continually grow in the technical stream.
- Assist in the planning, design, and verification of user stories Verify fixes before they go to customers, as needed (team does mainline and sustaining work) Identify areas for improvement and assist in refining standards and procedures
- Advance best practices such as automated testing, correct prioritization of exploratory tests, thorough SDK documentation, peer reviews, maintaining API compatibility, creating robust, maintainable APIs, etc
Required Skills :-
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or equivalent
- Must be highly motivated with a strong passion for and commitment to software quality
- Good understanding of both windows and unix environments.
- Good trouble shooting skills, excellent Object Oriented design and programming.
- Interest and even coursework in Quality Assurance is a major plus here: Creating test plans, designs and executing of tests.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant industry experience.
- Excellent Java programming skills
- Experience with Java UI technologies such as Eclipse RCP and/or Swing and/or SWT
- Experience with Browser DOM and DHTML and CSS
- Experience with TestNG or other Java unit testing tools.
- Good organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong data structures and problem solving skills.
- Experience in the full product lifecycle, preferably Agile.
- Experience of XML, Web Services, Databases.
- Strong knowledge in Perl/shell scripting.
- Understanding of component-based development.
- Performance testing background.
- Knowledge of networking, distributed systems.
- Experience in working with ELK or similar reporting dashboard
- Understanding of agile methodology.
- Code coverage experience using any tool like EMMA
- Understanding of Informatica products
- Working knowledge on any cloud product/framework is a plus.
- Working knowledge on Big data is a plus.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior QA Engineer
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN