Principal Delivery Manager
Location: Austin, Texas US
Job Number: 27930
Position Title: Principal Delivery Manager
The Principal Delivery Manager works closely with Professional Services Regional Managers, Account Managers, Field Sales teams, Services Solutions Architects, Resource Management, and Consulting Managers to deliver on business requirements, protect revenue and profit, and avoid cost overruns. Provides relationship management and acts as client liaison during delivery of a professional services engagement. Focused upon and responsible for client satisfaction, maintaining client communication, and the overall management of the client relationship. May work to grow the client relationship by identifying new business opportunities. Works with delivery team to execute on contract terms and conditions and to ensure on-time delivery of projects that support the client’s business. Travel to customer sites may exceed 50%, as applicable to the customer engagement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Accountable for a portfolio of engagements, ensuring resources, capacity, and dependencies are managed for successful delivery.
- Works with delivery staff and account management to understand the business requirements of the customer.
- Partners with delivery staff and solutions architects to deliver the engagements of the professional services organization.
- Provides project status reporting and expense management / oversight.
- Identifies and mitigates risk within the engagement.
- Receives customer acceptance of deliverables and/or manages necessary changes on statements of work.
- Proactively acts to prevent and/or address project overruns.
- Mentors lesser scoped Delivery Manager team members and delivery staff.
- Engages with senior-most external and internal stakeholders, where executive communication and influencing-skills are paramount.
- Responsible for CSAT survey send/receive on managed engagements.
- Produces project summary and does hand-off to Customer Success team.
- At this level, incumbents are likely to be aligned to a geo-specific region, industry vertical, product specific, or major account sub-set (Enterprise, Strategic, Commercial, etc) with multiple, complex engagements within their portfolio.
Knowledge & Skills
- Holds expert-level experience and uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Leverages business acumen and subject matter expertise.
- Thorough understanding of Informatica business priorities, strategy and direction.
- Works across the organization and maintains/builds strong working relationships based in experiences/past interactions.
- Successful experience in delivery of Master Data Management projects. Informatica solutions experience is preferred though experience with other MDM solutions is a plus.
- Successful track record of delivering technical consulting engagements which include installations of complex software and development of complex data solutions.
- Solid data analysis and data management skills
- Strong communication, presentation and organization skills - ability to reduce complex and complicated information into clear recommendations to senior leadership
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks across competing projects.
- PMP Certification preferred
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant professional experience.
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Delivery Manager
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth, and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Greater than 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US