Senior QA Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 27932
Position Title: Senior QA Engineer
Core Technology Group is responsible for building and delivering innovative foundational technology for all product offerings of Informatica, which include the Data Integration products, The Big Data Edition, Informatica cloud and the Data Services
The position is suited for highly motivated, innovative and energetic individuals with a desire to work on the latest technology stack. You will work on a broad spectrum of technologies including the latest and emerging technologies in the Cloud space.
You will test and critique software components and interfaces in great technical depth, write test frameworks, programs to assure high product quality, and develop advanced test tools to increase productivity and efficiency.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are an experienced, highly motivated person and have keen desire to learn and implement new ways to improve efficiency or effectiveness in quality/process. You take ownership of component(s) and ensure that all aspects of quality are met. You have passion towards quality and are a constant innovator!
- Participate actively in an Agile based development / testing environment, including reviews, testcases/document reviews and planning activities
- Design and develop test plans, test cases based upon functional, design specifications including regression of current products
- Participate actively in functional, system, stress, longevity and regression testing activities
- Participate in production deployments at flexible hours and participate in certification.
- Design and develop test frameworks, automate tests and maintain existing internal QA tools
- Work closely with the development team to analyze, debug and resolve the bugs
- Collaborate effectively with engineers to solve complex problems to deliver end-to-end quality in our technology and customer experience
- Assist customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems
- Mentor juniors involved in the same work.
- Work closely with cross functional teams in an agile environment and contribute in delivering high quality products
- Organize own tasks and takes responsibility for progress and completion
- Ability to communicate or present to the whole product team and occasionally across products.
- Have a positive attitude towards the challenges and possess the feel to be a good fit with Informatica culture.
- BE/M.Tech. in Computer Science or a relevant technical discipline from top tier engineering schools
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience in software development, testing and automation framework development
- Understanding REST based APIs testing, Java applications
- Good to have experience with testing and automating tests for IoT Domain, Cloud-based applications
- Experience on open-source technologies and cloud services.
- Good hands-on with Linux Operating System, Scripting and AWS
- Experience with different test automation techniques and developing stable and efficient automation frameworks
- Knowledge on tools like Rest assured, Java, TestNG, JMeter, Gradle, Selenium
- Knowledge of Docker , Chef , Devops experience is desirable
- Knowledge on streaming products and Kafka is add on.
- Stellar troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems.
- Understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk and understand varied customer deployments
- Ability to learn new skills quickly as needed in a dynamic environment
- Effective verbal and written communications, solid team player
- Energetic and motivated self-starter with an ability to think creatively
- Problem solving and flexible working hour attitude
- Proven track record to work well with others in a fast paced, iterative product definition and development environment
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior QA Engineer
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN