Lead Performance Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 27934
Position Title: Lead QA Engineer
The Core Metadata Group (CMG) is the innovation hub within Informatica that is responsible for delivering extensible, reliable and scalable products. Specifically, our team focusses on building a high performance and scalable Meta Data Manager product that can scale with the hardware. Our ambitions reach far beyond ETL with our enterprise Big Data solutions in action at Fortune 100 companies to support their business requirements with top of the industry data governance and data quality software.
Here are some of the areas you will be working on as part of our team:
- Performance and scalability of the Data Engine projects across on-premise/Cloud.
- Optimizing query plans based on heuristics and rules
- Cost based optimizations such as join re-ordering and usage of execution statistics
- Reducing latency and processing time of query operations to return instantaneous results
- Delivering large data sets to client applications with extremely high throughput
- Informatica Data Services
- Highly scalable, multi-tenant repository
- Internal and external industry standard performance benchmarks
As a key member of the performance team, you will work on Metadata Manager product advocating and vetting throughput and scalability requirements; locating bottlenecks at the code level during development; developing and quantifying fixes for smaller problems; and working proactively with architects, consultants and developers to evaluate approaches and POCs for larger, design-related issues.
Our Ideal Candidate
- You are an experienced software engineer who has a solid understanding of performance engineering concepts.
- You relish the opportunity to work on next generation platform products to ensure data processing performance and scalability across different use cases that include batch, request/response and real-time systems.
- This position requires the flexibility and aptitude to zoom in to fine-grained details of software bottlenecks and delve into how software performs, hard disks pound, packets flow, and hardware and code interact for Informatica products.
The successful candidate will be based in Bangalore, India and will be responsible for:
- Designing methodology to characterize the performance of various subsystems
- Demonstrating an ability to understand complex system architectures and come up with creative solutions to performance problems
- Performing performance analysis of existing products, find hot spots / weak spots, and optimize code
- Participating in architecture discussions and planning with Development
- Working with other engineers to prototype and implement optimizations
- Designing, developing and maintaining internal and external performance benchmarks
- Owning the performance aspects of assigned products and communicating effectively with non-technical stakeholders including senior product and business management.
- Automation of performance critical scenarios using Jmeter.
- 6 or more years of relevant professional experience, a portion of which was within an enterprise software company with an emphasis on one or more of the following:
- Strong programming skills in Java and/or C++
- Experience in performance analysis, scalability and code optimization
- Performance and Tuning experience with RDBMS such as Oracle/ DB2/ MS SQL or Postgres.
- Performance and Tuning experience with Graph DB such as OrientDB.
- Expertise with application profiling tools such as Yourkit/Jprobe/jprofiler/Quantify/Optimize it
- Experience in UI performance testing will be plus
- Proven ability to develop performance monitoring solutions like resource utilization dashboard/Process Monitoring.
- Experience in APM tools like Dynatrace/AppDynamics.
- Experience in Linux OS environment.
- Ability to write functional test cases.
- Highly motivated, results-driven self-starter who is also a collaborative team player
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills with business and technical audiences
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
- Experience developing sizing and capacity planning guides is a plus
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical discipline; advanced degree a plus
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Performance Engineer
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN