Director, Internal Communication
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 27935
Position Title: Director, Internal Communications
Director Internal Communication
We are looking for an experienced Director of Internal Communications to serve as a leader of Informatica’s Employee Communications, Experience & Engagement team. The successful candidate will be experienced at developing strategic employee communications plans to help drive employee experience and engagement, build pride for the company’s purpose, priorities, and cultural values.
This candidate will engage with employees at all levels of the company, including internal business stakeholders and C-Suite members. Experience and understanding of the different roles and value of public relations, leadership communications, and employee engagement is essential. The ability to combine these effectively as part of an integrated communications strategy -- to inform, inspire, and engage Informatica employees in becoming the best brand ambassadors for Informatica.
- Develop and Establish an Innovative Employee Communications strategy for Informatica
- Define and drive an Executive Communications function within the internal communications team, informed by best practices
- Develop leadership narratives and supporting content to help reinforce the company’s purpose, priorities and cultural values
- Provide communications counsel to leaders & teams across the organization for internal company communication.
- Envision and oversee the development of experiences and events that positively engage Informatica’s employees. Scope includes but is not limited to All Hands, Officers’ meetings, and establishing new experiences and traditions for our employees.
- Design, Execute and orchestrate a programmatic approach to optimize Employee Experience to ensure communications is always relevant and drives behavioral change
- Establish and identify a communication cadence for each business function by partnering with a cross-company group of stakeholders to bring Informatica culture to life with enterprise-wide initiatives, programs and news.
- Stewarding presentation content for employee events;
- Managing our Informatica employee intranet, including content creation and maintaining an editorial calendar and up-leveling the employee experience to make it an interactive, fun and engaging communications platform for employees.
- Building relationships with key stakeholders to align efforts and improve employee experiences, reduce silos and deliver communications in the best interests of employees, shape culture and build connected, employee communities
- Demonstrate out-of-the-box global thinking when designing local communication initiatives that span multi-region, multi-culture and multi-generation while utilizing the breadth of modern, multi-channel tools
- Manage successful execution of company-wide employee events and experiences, such as global all-hands and senior leadership summits
- Constantly work to create authentic and engaging social/digital moments, collaborating with internal teams to help connect our leaders with global employees around the world
- 15+ years experience, including strong executive communications experience supporting corporate functions within a global organization working closely with the C-suite
- Strong understanding of employee engagement, change communications and employee event management
- Strong Leader and Listener with demonstrable capacity for empathy and a track record of managing global team members and best-in-class operational excellence
- Experience designing and executing leadership narratives and supporting content strategies with demonstrated expertise developing employee engagement communications plans and campaigns
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal. Includes strong editorial skills.
- Experienced in leveraging listening or evaluation tools, analyzing insights, and iterating plans and leadership messaging accordingly
- A collaborative leader capable of building cross-functional relationships and global teams to drive change and influence business decisions
- Exhibits a no-job-is-too-big or small attitude
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and pivoting in an ever-changing environment
- Leading, building and influencing diverse, high performing teams
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or Communication, with relevant industry experience
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Internal Communication
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth, and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US