Senior Manager, Visual Analytics
Location: Austin, Texas US
Job Number: 27937
Position Title: Senior Manager, Information Technology
Senior Manager, Visual Analytics
Reporting into the Chief Data Officer, Senior Manager, Visual Analytics is responsible for telling stories with data. The position owns the product management and engineering for visual analytics and participates in a wide variety of overall business intelligence efforts. It requires working closely with a variety of data owners and key executive stakeholders across the company to make data-driven business decisions.
As a product owner, you are responsible for deeply understanding different users’ personas and their journey, and are passionate about building a terrific user experience for them. You work with data platform architecture and engineering teams to ensure successful execution.
The goal with each new delivery is to not only visualize data in a way that gives your customers the insights they need to make wide-ranging business decisions and/or report out on the health of their businesses, it must also strive to establish lasting, foundational processes for maturing the product; which means partnering and collaborating with stakeholders across the company.
This role also spends time ensuring quality data structures, building tool-agnostic semantic layer, applying proper statistical analyses and implementing visualization best practices. Finally, this role will establish, drive and evolve a “Visual Analytics Community” across the company to help users understand how to use various visual tools to create their own data stories with impactful visualizations.
The ideal candidate for this role will excel in a highly collaborative environment and effectively manage multiple, competing priorities and demands. You will have strong Tableau/MicroStrategy skills and be knowledgeable on modern BI technologies. You will be passionate about data and will always be looking for the next, most innovative way to use data to fuel the growth of the company. Finally, you will partner primarily with users in Redwood City, California so travel will be necessary at times as well as being available during Pacific Standard Time hours.
- Own the visual analytics product, Drive the product strategy, roadmap and execution.
- Deliver transformative visual analytics solutions and provide thought leadership in visualization and data spaces
- Serve as SME/Internal Consultant to drive adoption and provide expert service to users
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to create and analyze user requirements
- Present data analysis findings and dashboards to executives and other stakeholders
- Coordinate new data integration efforts as needed to ensure consistency and integration with existing enterprise data warehouse/data lake(s) structure
- Partner with other organization functions to create new and/or modify existing processes to automate data updates
- Negotiate, collaborate and drive sustained participation by business partners and key stakeholders
- Create functional and technical documentation related to Business Intelligence solutions and corresponding processes
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing incremental business capabilities
- Attract, Develop, Retain high-performing talent and build engaged, high-performing teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Four to six years of post-baccalaureate experience in Business Intelligence or Information Management, ideally within consulting environment
- Three plus years of experience with data visualization, implementing high-value solutions and presenting insights to executive stakeholders
- Very strong written and oral communications along with presentation, negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Experience in working with Tableau, MicroStrategy and instructing new users how to use
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of various enterprise data platforms
- Highly self-motivated to deliver both independently and with strong team collaboration
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to creatively take on new challenges and work outside comfort zone
Additional Preferred Experience:
- Knowledge of relational database structures, principles, and practices and modeling
- Visual Analytics community contributions
- Good working knowledge of PowerBI
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager, Visual Analytics
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US