Senior Software Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 27974
Position Title: Senior Software Engineer
Informatica Corporation is the world’s number one independent provider of cloud data management software. Organizations around the world gain a competitive advantage in today’s global information economy with timely, relevant and trustworthy data for their top business imperatives. More than 4,350 enterprises worldwide rely on Informatica to access, integrate and trust their information assets held in the traditional enterprise, off premise and in the Cloud.
The Informatica Data Quality product is part of Informatica’s Data Quality & Governance group. It ensures that data, regardless of its volume or type, is of the highest quality so you get accurate analytics, improved customer experience, and streamlined migration to the cloud or a data lake.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a proven record of developing and delivering enterprise class software. In this role, you will be responsible for design, development and delivery of a product feature or component. You will work in a fast paced environment delivering product and feature increments in short iterations. Your technical skills will be very critical to deliver product functionalities across releases.
Our Ideal Candidate
We want you to be a strong technical member with excellent coding skills. We would like you to embrace complex problems and provide a practical and strong solution. Your technical capability to understand the product in a short time and adapt to new circumstances will be well received. Having an excellent sense of time management to meet deadlines is quite important. You will also be required to help your peers to meet their goals and set an example for good work procedures.
As an integral part of the Data Quality, R&D team you will be responsible for the following –
- Develop high quality re-usable UI components using modern web-technologies as part of a team that builds an industry-leading web product.
- Be very hands-on and own/drive key product features
- Collaborate effectively with peer engineers, and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas to deliver end-to-end components & features.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task
- Handle customers escalations that are routed to R&D from Global customer support (would require you to re-prioritize your tasks efficiently)
- Gather and interpret broad requirement specifications from customers/Product Management that are not yet fully defined.
- Produce functional specs and designs based on high level requirements.
- Estimates efforts, identify risks, meet project schedules.
- Develop excellent understanding in breadth and depth of Informatica's products and contribute to future roadmap and goals
- Be a proven performer and team player that enjoy challenging assignments in a high-energy and fast growing distributed workplace
- Work in an agile software development team delivering product and feature increments in short iterations
- Mentoring and providing technical guidance to other team members
-BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related fields.
-Knowledge of PHP is desirable
-Good knowledge of web-technologies like Java Servlets, Spring framework, REST is a plus
-3+ years of experience in developing innovative enterprise products
-Familiar with open-source UI frameworks and API standards.
-Strong understanding of Object oriented design and programming.
-Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
-Ability to quickly learn new technologies in a dynamic environment.
-Good organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
-Experience with Open Source technologies: Tomcat, Eclipse, Ant/Maven, Linux.
-Familiarity with Agile process will be an added advantage
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN