Senior Manager, Development
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 27997
Position Title: Senior Manager, Development
The Informatica Cloud team is responsible for building the leading integration-Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) product to provide Data Integration, Data Quality, Information Lifecycle Management, Test Data Management, Master Management, and other Information Management solution as a service on the cloud. Thousands of customers rely on our service for moving billions of records every day.
As a Development Manager of the Informatica Cloud team, you will get the opportunity to build the team and products. You will work with world-class engineers to design and build the next generation microservices-based cloud platform using the latest cutting-edge cloud technology, such as Amazon AWS, Saleforce.com, Microsoft Azure, Docker, and Kubernetes, to provide non-disruptive cloud data integration service to our customers
Our Ideal Candidate
You are an experienced-hands on Development manager who has deep system expertise. You have significant experience in designing and developing large scale distributed enterprise applications and platform services. You enjoy working on technically challenging projects. You are willing to work on many different projects and interested in assuming various responsibilities. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced development environment, self-motivated with strong interpersonal and communication skills. You will be able to build the team, coach them to be productive.
The successful candidate will be based in Bangalore, India, and will:
- Build/Mentor and coach the team to achieve the product goals
- Delivering the features/product on time with good quality.
- Investigate, design, and develop the features with a small team, compose the feature design documents
- Lead feature development and follow through with other team members to ensure high quality and predictable delivery
- Provide detailed estimates of projects and meet project schedules
- Managing a small Agile team as an active member.
- Work with QA team to ensure minimal regressions and comprehensive customer-centric testing
- Give sprint demos to PMs other stakeholders to show progress against requirements
- Review QA test specifications and feature documents
- Participate in internal/cross-team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation
- Mentor junior engineers on technical, architectural, design and related issues
- Proactively identify architectural weaknesses and recommend appropriate solutions
- Take architectural ownership of functional areas in the product
- Assisting customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems
- Responsible for performance and scalability of the features
- BE in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; advanced degree preferred
- 12+ years of enterprise software development experience, preferably with data-intensive and multi-threaded service-oriented cloud products with high performance and scalability requirements
- Experience in managing small to medium teams.
- Hands-on experience of J2EE Spring Framework, Persistence Framework, OSGi, Java SDK, web service protocol stack, REST, XML, JSON preferred
- Familiarity with MVC and coding patterns
- Strong knowledge of Data Integration/Data Replication and/or Enterprise Application Integration product
- Excellent coding and object-oriented design skills in Java and C++(minimal)
- Experience with cloud application development, deployment, operation, and support preferred
- Solid knowledge of relational database system fundamentals desired
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision and take initiative; willing to mentor and develop others
- Experience in Agile development methodologies and release management techniques
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, iterative product definition and development environment
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager, Development
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN