Principal QA Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28025
Position Title: Principal QA Engineer
Informatica Corporation is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Thousands of enterprises worldwide depend on Informatica data integration, data quality, and big data solutions to access, integrate, and trust their information assets residing on premise and in the Cloud.
Informatica Connectivity team responsible for building the world class connectors to various different third-party systems that will power all the Informatica Products be it Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services, Data Engineering Integration or Power Center. We work on the latest and greatest technology in the Cloud like (Azure, AWS, Google) and all other technologies.
As the Principal QA Engineer of the Informatica Connectivity team, you will be working alongside with the QA Director, Managers involved in driving organization-wide quality process and technical initiatives and their implementation especially on the Automation front. You will be influencing other quality and development teams in different product lines and geo location to deliver the world class Cloud and On Prem Connectors. You will be a key contributor to Informatica’s next generation cloud platform based on micro-service architecture.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a self-motivated professional who demonstrates the ability to quickly grasp new technologies, products, and use cases. You are able to come up proper test strategy with the feature’s cross micro services. You are bright and intellectually curious; deal with concepts and complexity comfortably; are capable, adaptable and agile. The team crosses continents, and as such, communication in all forms is essential to success in this role. You will be expected to demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of Java Programming, developing test applications or automating using JUnit/TestNG/Selenium including the development of the new framework. The ideal candidate will have had experience in QA and has a good handle on scripting and SQL.
- Work closely with QA and Dev Directors / managers to vison the automation strategy for the connectivity team along with planning and implementation of the same.
- Develop test Automation framework which supports all product features and ensure highest test coverage.
- Develop automated tests for product features
- Deliver improvements to automation framework, and fill gaps in automation of tests
- Effectively co-ordinate with cross functional teams and other products teams
- Drive the quality roadmap and implementation of standards, methods, metrics and procedures ensuring and evaluating the quality of our software products
- Handle customer escalation to ensure our cloud service has high customer satisfaction
- Build a strong QA team by participating in hiring process, mentoring and retaining top talents
- Pro-actively analyze current processes and practices and suggest/ drive improvements. Also, defines processes as needed that has wide-reaching scope, impact and influence extending beyond the confines of the QE and spans across the entire product organization
- Be a hands-on technical architect and lead the team to shape testing strategy, testing execution and performance and scalable multi-tier cloud product
- Drive test automation and ensure we have efficient and effective regression test cycle
- Be viewed as the key “go to” person for the any technical troubleshoot of the product
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and keep abreast of the latest trends, technologies, and competitive landscape
- Identify and promote opportunities to drive more business value
- Be driven to get optimal results and not let anything stand in your way
- 10+ years of enterprise software quality experience, preferably with data-intensive and multi-threaded server-based cloud products with high performance and scalability requirements
- Strong academic background - BTech/MTech in Computer Science or equivalent course from top schools.
- Knowledge on Microservice based Architecture.
- Expertise in the CICD Practices and implementation.
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills.
- Expert in Developing automation Frameworks using Java.
- Strong experience in programing languages Java, web technologies and API
- Good working experience and expertise in Unix/Linux
- Hands-on experience in writing SQL’s for relational databases like Oracle
- Upto 8 years of Enterprise Software Testing experience with a strong technical background of QA of data security products at a Senior Engineer level
- Excellent written & verbal communication and presentation skills.
- The candidate should have prior experience dealing with full product development lifecycles and multiple releases, preferably of large enterprise software products
- Passion for test automation, and testing enterprise products using automation.
- Expertise on the Dockers / Containers / Kubernetes and Jenkins.
- Knowledge on any Cloud Services like AWS / Azure / GCP
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal QA Engineer
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN