Lead QA Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28085
Position Title: Lead QA Engineer
Lead QA Engineer
Informatica Corporation is the world’s number one independent provider of cloud data management software. Organizations around the world gain a competitive advantage in today’s global information economy with timely, relevant and trustworthy data for their top business imperatives. More than 4,000 enterprises worldwide rely on Informatica to access, integrate and trust their information assets held in the traditional enterprise, off premise and in the Cloud.
The Informatica Cloud Platform team is responsible for building the leading integration-Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) product to provide Data Integration, Data Quality, Information Lifecycle Management, Master Data Management and other Information Management solutions as a service on the cloud. Thousands of customers rely on our services for moving billions of records every day. As the Platform team we build robust, cloud agnostic and hybrid cloud platform for Informatica Cloud applications.
As a Lead QA of the Informatica Cloud team, you will work with world class engineers to design, build and test the next generation, microservices-based cloud platform using the latest cutting edge cloud technologies, such as Amazon AWS, Azure, GCP, Docker and Kubernetes, to provide non-disruptive cloud data integration service to our customers. You will be responsible for developing automation frameworks, conducting functional and concurrency tests with efficient usage of automation tools and API testing. The position is suited for highly motivated, innovative and energetic individuals with a desire to work on the latest technology stack. You will work on a broad spectrum of technologies including the latest and emerging technologies in the cloud and big data space.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a self-motivated professional with the ability to quickly grasp new technologies, products, and use cases. You are an expert at developing test frameworks for REST APIs and Selenium using Java. You have significant experience in testing large scale distributed enterprise applications and platform services. You enjoy working on technically challenging projects. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced development environment, with strong inter-personal and communication skills. You shall be able to efficiently prioritize and organize your tasks. You take ownership of component(s) and ensure that all aspects of quality are met. You have passion towards quality and are a constant innovator and process improvement to SQA procedures.
- Complete ownership of feature, involvement as quality engineer in design inception, development, testing, automation and release to Production.
- Oversee the overall QA lifecycle, from test planning, to implementation, execution and results reporting with minimal supervision.
- Drive the quality road map and implementation of standards, methods, metrics and procedures ensuring top quality of informatica products.
- Proactively analyze current processes and suggest improvements.
- Define processes that has wide-reaching scope, impact and influence extending across the entire QA Org.
- Be a hands-on technical architect and lead the team to shape the testing strategy, testing execution and performance for a scalable, multi-tier cloud product
- Drive test automation and ensure we have an efficient and effective regression test cycle
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and keep abreast of the latest trends, technologies, and competitive landscape
- Design and develop reusable, extensible and compatible test frameworks and tools.
- Collaborate with geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and re-prioritize responsibilities based on changing requirements
- Have a positive attitude towards the challenges and possess the feel to be a good fit with Informatica culture
- Organize own tasks and takes responsibility for progress and completion
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders across the organization
- Work closely with Development lead, Product Managers (PM), Global customer service, Professional Services (IPS), etc. to validate the solutions built for industry segments
- Perform and orchestrate multiple activities simultaneously
- Design and implement test cases in a rapid prototyping environment with minimal supervision
- BTech/MTech in Computer Science or equivalent course
- 5+ years of software testing and automation experience.
- Strong knowledge of programming languages such as Java/Python
- Hands-on experience building REST-assured or Jersey-Test Framework
- Strong hands-on experience in Selenium and expertise in developing UI Frameworks using Selenium/Java
- Good knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Knowledge of Microservice-based Architecture.
- Good knowledge in CI/CD tools implementation and practices.
- Experience working in Unix/Linux
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS/Azure/GCP
- Hands-on experience working with Dockers/Containers/Kubernetes/Spinnaker/Jenkins.
- Prior experience in deployment of cloud applications
- Hands-on experience in writing SQL’s for relational databases (Like MySQL, Oracle)
- Experience with technologies like Tomcat, Ant/Maven/Gradle.
- Exposure in Log Management and creating dashboard in any one of the tools like sumologic or Grafana cloud
- Knowledge on ETL/BI Testing is desirable.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence and Zephyr
- Hands-on experience in performance and load testing using Apache JMeter or similar tools.
- The candidate should have prior experience dealing with full product development lifecycles and multiple releases, preferably of large enterprise software products
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Must have strong knowledge of QA processes and methodologies.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities and requirements.
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
Go-getter attitude and a team player
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead QA Engineer
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN