Principal Product Manager
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28088
Position Title: Product Manager 4
Senior/Principal Product Manager
Informatica - Ecosystems & Connectivity
Informatica Corporation is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Thousands of enterprises worldwide depend on Informatica data integration, data quality, and big data solutions to access, integrate, and trust their information assets residing on premise and in the Cloud.
Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions. A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
The Informatica Ecosytems & Connectivity team is responsible for provisioning data, whether that data resides “on-Premise” or “in the cloud”, to all Informatica Solutions. Everything Informatica does begins and ends with data. Simply stated, we provide data to our solutions to make that data great; data that is connected, clean and safe; ready to use so that enterprises can be data ready and put their unique “data based” information to work. A data ready enterprise is decision-ready, customer-ready, application-ready, cloud-ready and regulation-ready.
Our team plays a significant role in Informatica innovation including Artificial Intelligence and Machine learnings around understanding complex data.
In this role, you will help shape the direction of Informatica Cloud Platform, Ecosystems and Connectivity enables us to further our leadership position in a highly competitive and rapidly changing market. You will:
- Work with R&D organizations driving product requirements and ensuring timely release of products and solutions, managing the complete life cycle of products/modules you are responsible for
- Lead the market/technology research developing deep understanding of the technology, market and competitors in the cloud space
- Run and drive product management initiatives which support our partnership and solution initiatives with AWS, Azure, Google, and other strategic & emerging partners
- Evangelize Informatica products, platforms, and solutions with customers, prospects, partners as well as internal groups such as R&D, product marketing, sales, technical sales and customer support
Our Ideal Candidate
- Will have experience and deep technical knowledge of Middleware (PaaS), IaaS, SaaS, and other cloud-based software and platforms
- Will have a solid working experience with Relational Databases, Cloud and On-premise Data Warehouses, NoSQL databases, and data lakes
- Will work collaboratively with various cross functional teams within and outside the organization, architecture, engineering, cloud operations, marketing, sales and services
- Will possess a unique blend of business and technical understanding, a big picture vision and drive to make the vision a reality
- Will enjoy spending time understanding the market and technology shifts in cloud, understanding customer problems, synthesizing needs and defining innovative solutions
- Will be comfortable being hands-on in fast moving and rapidly changing technologies and products
- Will be able to articulate the value proposition/story at varying depths depending upon audience types, Integration Experts, Customers, Partners, Decision Makers, Business, Sales and Industry Analysts
- Will be cool and calm under pressure
As an integral member of the Ecosystems and Connectivity team, you are charged with product line success. Based in Bangalore, India, you will:
- Own and prioritize product direction for Cloud Data Warehouse, Cloud Data Lake, and Cloud NoSQL technologies from Cloud providers such as Microsoft Azure, Snowflake etc.
- Provide thought leadership and evangelism of the Informatica Ecosystems and Connectivity capabilities & requirements internally and externally to partners
- Participate in Industry Events demonstrating and showcasing Informatica product demos and solutions
- Manage the entire product/solution life cycle from strategic planning to development to release and go to market strategies
- Cater to external customer needs and internal teams to define the growth and direction of Informatica Ecosystems and Connectivity
- Work closely with cross-organization and cross-functional R&D leaders and Product Managers to drive product roadmap and strategy for horizontal technologies to support Informatica Products, Ecosystems and Connectivities
- Travel (approximately 10-20%) for customer visits, industry conferences, providing thought leadership, support marketing activities, as well as visiting Informatica offices
Your Qualifications and Experience
- 8+ total years in Product Management, Product Engineering, or Solution Engineering roles
- Extensive working knowledge and experience with Cloud Data Warehouses (e.g. Azure Synapse, Snowflake, Redshift, Google BigQuery etc.) and Cloud Data Lakes (S3, Azure Blob, Azure Data Lake Storage, Google Cloud Storage etc.) is a must
- Experience with middleware (application development and integration) products and technologies are a plus – Data Integration, Application Integration, ETL, EAI, Enterprise Service Bus, Service Orchestration, Web and Application Servers, User Interface
- Ability to contribute to defining a strategic vision and to articulate it in front of a variety of audiences including customers and partners and internal teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and oral) in English; well-honed influencing skills are essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven track record of building strong relationships and establishing credibility with customers, prospects, analysts, sales, R&D, and the management team
- Proven organizational and product management skills; ability to multi-task and work on several assignments concurrently
- Self-motivated and team-oriented
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Computer Science or a related technical discipline or appropriate work-related experience
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Product Manager
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN