Senior Product manager
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28133
Position Title: Product Manager 4
Senior Product Manager – Cloud Metadata Group
Informatica, Cloud Metadata Group
The Cloud Metadata team is a high growth, entrepreneurial innovation group within Informatica, a leading enterprise data management company. As a fast-paced start up team within Informatica, we are on an ambitious mission to build metadata powered applications. One such mission is to build an intuitive cloud data preparation product to enable self-service data integration on cloud data lakes and cloud data warehouses. analyze, monitor and catalog all data assets in the Enterprise. The team will play a significant role in expanding Informatica offerings to support the latest market and technology tends around the data catalog, governance and data preparation.
We need people who carve their own niche, quickly understand priorities and know what needs to be done to get things moving. We expect our Product Managers to adapt to an informal atmosphere and appreciate the tremendous advantage of being surrounded by dedicated experts. In return, we offer the unique opportunity to join one of the most visionary, exciting and fastest growing software companies in the world, working with advanced technology and great products that are truly changing and improving the way our customers do business.
As a Principal Product Manager, you will be the CEO of the product, truly owning the end to end execution of product strategy, planning, execution, prioritization, release, GTM, adoption and service. You are the true enabler of success of the product and the metadata powered solutions. In this role, you will shape the direction of Informatica’s product portfolio that enables us to deliver data preparation, data cataloging, data integration and metadata platform requirements.
Our Ideal Candidate
You have prior product management experience and a deep technical background with cloud data management, data preparation, metadata management, data cataloging, data profiling and/or data governance solutions. You have experience in expanding a product into new market segments. You feel comfortable being hands-on with complex technology, have a keen understanding of how it can bring value to a diverse customer base, and can expand adoption across different channels and partner ecosystems. You are a cross-functional leader who will work collaboratively with architecture and product engineering teams, Informatica’s marketing, sales and services staff, and product marketing to drive sales success and results for the cloud data preparation and metadata products. You will also work with product managers in other product lines to ensure your product is seamlessly integrated with the Informatica’s cloud and on-premises ecosystems. You enjoy working with customers, partners, sales, engineers, and anyone else you need in order to achieve business success. You are awesome at creating compelling software offerings and a vibrant user community to drive product awareness, adoption, revenue, reference, and success.
The Principal Product Manager – Cloud Metadata Group will:
- Work closely with key customers and strategic partners to understand the use cases for data-preparation, gaining a deep understanding of their goals and requirements
- Develop and own the product strategy, product roadmap, and business plan for your products supported by thorough analysis and competitive positioning
- Work closely with R&D to drive product priorities and ensure the right set of functionalities for enterprise class, industry leading products
- Author detailed “whole” product requirements and go to market plan
- Serve as the voice of the customer in building product functionality that is fit for the purpose
- Collaborate with other product managers to ensure seamless operation between products, components and technologies
- Identify needs and develop materials for rapid and effective field enablement
- Provide content for product collateral, technical white papers and other material needed to ensure fast and successful adoption of the product by customers
- Perform competitive analysis, market, and industry research and leverage your broad industry experience to help develop new ideas and solutions
- 12 or more years of relevant professional experience in software development, product management, and/or as a sales consultant/engineer
- 5 or more years in enterprise software product management or equivalent roles in the data management space with activity spanning participation in conducting competitive analysis, writing detailed requirement specifications, gathering and prioritizing customer requirements, defining the product roadmap and strategy, authoring technical white papers, delivering customer presentations, and working with product marketing on market requirements, segmentation, and product packaging and licensing
- Knowledge of data integration, quality, profiling, metadata management, data lineage and impact analysis, data discovery, connectivity, and cataloging requirements is a plus
- Proven track record of successfully releasing enterprise-level software product and entering new, emerging markets
- Ability to gather and prioritize requirements, develop detailed requirements, review functional specifications, participate in functional reviews
- Keen and demonstrated interest in usability
- Strong technical background with the ability to quickly develop deep product knowledge and communicate the business values to the field and customers
- Proven organizational skills; detail oriented; strong project management skills; ability to multi-task and work on several assignments concurrently; able to coordinate people and processes to deliver a product
- Ability to contribute to defining a strategic vision and to articulate it in front of a variety of audiences
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and team-oriented; able to work both autonomously and effectively as part of a geographically dispersed team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven track record of building strong relationships and establishing credibility with customers, prospects, analysts, sales, R&D, and executives
- Familiarity developing products and cloud services leveraging data and cloud platforms, microservices, AI/machine learning is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Computer Science (or equivalent experience); advanced degree (MBA) a plus;
- Willing to travel (approximately 15-25%) for customer visits, industry conferences and trade shows, as well as visit Informatica offices worldwide
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Product manager
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth, and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN